Is powdercoat an option for headers ??

-
I called my local powder coat shop about ceramic coating my headers and it was outrageous how much they wanted...

How much did they quote you? I'd imagine the amount of prep work and other labor would be crazy. People can't work for free, unfortunately.

How much did they quote you? I'd imagine the amount of prep work and other labor would be crazy. People can't work for free, unfortunately.
Oh I wasn't expecting anybody to do anything for free but I'm sure it was somewhere between 300 and $500 at the very least. I paid $350 for my ceramic coated headers sent to the door...

Oh I wasn't expecting anybody to do anything for free but I'm sure it was somewhere between 300 and $500 at the very least. I paid $350 for my ceramic coated headers sent to the door...

I hear ya. It reminds me of the cost of bumper re-chroming or radiator re-coring. For some parts, it's cheaper to buy new than to have it redone. I suspect it's because it's cheaper for aftermarket manufacturers to produce a product in mass quantities, than for a specialized business to restore the same product one item at a time?

-
Back