is that a nova?

-
And then there's the occasional old lady that say's "Hey I like your Dart, 360?"

It's always an old lady.:D
No old men ever get it right.

My challenger has been a charger for as long as I have owned it. At least they get the mopar part right lol.

X2 the janitor at work still calls my Challenger a Charger even though I have corrected him at least a dozen times.
I think he does it now just to mess with me.

My 64 Dart was sitting in the garage in primer and more than 1 service worker came by and would tell me they had a Falcon just like that in High School.

Misidentification doesn't bother me. It's when the folks look right at the badge and still get it wrong.

"What year is the Camaro," asks a guy looking right at the badge that says "Barracuda, by Plymouth" on the tail panel.

Is that a nova?!? NO it's a mopar !!
I leave them something to ask their car friend about.

It's easy. I just own both and both are 1970's. One day I hope to have them run side by side at the track. I should start a pole. Wife in the Nova and me in the "Dus-Her?" or.......

Oh this is going to be fun. Small block against Big block. Mopar against Chevy. Gal against Guy. I could paint one black (the other is white) salt against pepper. Big problem is I do all the work on both. Is that me against myself? More coffee please.

Nobody ever guesses that my Rambler is an AMC. It's almost always a Ford, and yesterday it was a Plymouth. They also are shocked it has a 550 CI. (The model is a 550, it has emblems on the side. The engine is a 232 6 cyl.)

We were heading out to a car show off of our normal beaten path in my '74 Duster. We had almost ran it out of gas when we whipped it in to a gas station on fumes. I was a little nervous (far far away from home) when I heard someone mumble something (I am half deaf). I turned around and standing by the front bumper was a 9 or 10 year old kid.

He asked, What kind of car is that?

I told him it is a '74 Plymouth Duster.

He stood there for a second and said, "That is so cool!"

Made me feel good, my Fiance' was in the front seat and said that she could hear the kid telling his Dad about it at the other pump.

I had a new one yesterday that make me look at the guy and say "What?"

He asked me if it was a "Fiero"!!!!

I have a 71 roadrunner! A Fiero? Really?

Holy cow!!! #-o :wack:

A '71 Roadrunner is about 3 fiero's long and probably almost 2 wide. How in the heck do you get that mixed up?

I mean, I love that bodystyle, I have a '71 Satellite Sebring Plus. But they are not small cars. :D

As for the other misidentifications, my Challenger is a "charger" about 90% of the time to the general public. I did once have it called a Cougar, that was kind of sad.

The Duster/Demon is usually mistaken for a Nova. But I have a lot more people ask me "what is that" with the Duster than I do with the Challenger. But the multi-colored bodywork and the Demon "tribute" work I've done probably confuse people. Once it's all the same color I'll bet they'll go back to just assuming its a Nova. ;)

But a Fiero?! :banghead: (images not to scale!)

1984_pontiac_fiero_base-pic-33284-640x480.jpeg

IMG_5019_zpse6552fc3.jpg

i get "man nice chevell" , "what year is it"? all the time...

I say 1971 Dart. Then they ask, you got a "350"?...

It dose stoke me out when old folks say "cool Dart" "I had one when i was a kid" and yes its just the older folks who seem to be able to tell a Dodge dart 71 from a 65 chevy...

typical conversation around my car.. "hey, nice Dart" - "it's a Plymouth Scamp" - "oh... yea.. uh huh.. um... it's cool" - some stick around to learn more, some run away looking all confused... LOL

Don't forget about the Fiero wannabe, the Toyota Mister Two (MR2)....

Don't forget about the Fiero wannabe, the Toyota Mister Two (MR2)....

just tell them , (when they say nova) yes, but this one was made by Chrysler! or -u don`t know much about cars do you?!

Just yesterday... "hey man! I wanted to come introduce myself, I always see you working on your nova, and wanted to say hi. Since my kids turned into teens I haven't touched my 69 camaro."

"thanks man, it is really nice to meet you."

My 69 Valiant is often called a Nova. -- I guess it's Guys that have been away from The Hobby too long -- OR -- We're never in it.

They call them Chevy names because they like our cars, but don't want to admit that they like a Mopar... To them Chevy is the only thing, so they relate everything to it....

I can't tell you how many times kids in high school used to tell me that Chevy made the Hemi because they couldn't understand that Chrysler can build a respectable engine... If it was the best, it must be a Chevy....

NOT....

Sometimes I feel like Mopar is a secret cult lol. Almost every time im pumping gas or stop at liquor stores people say " nice falcon" Ill let them know it's a 66 Plymouth valiant .it happens so often now I just smirk and say thank you haha

-
Back