Is there a rear disc kit using all Mopar parts?

-
maybe jeep parts? other then that i don't know of one..

whats the big deal if the application was originally not mopar as long as the parts are readily available and work as they should?

Is there a way to put rear disc on 8 3/4 using all Mopar parts no mustang or Chevy parts.
you can use the rear brakes from certain year Grand Cherokees. Or call Dr Diff aka Cass and ask him

You "might" be able to come up with "all Mopar" but remember that lots of that older stuff is not really readily available........next time you need pads, rotors, calipers, hardware.............

I've heard you can use Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes but I also read they only fit 8 1/4 rears if they could be adapted to a 8 3/4 that would be great I'm narrowing rear so width of axle wouldn't be a problem

I wonder if rear discs were standard or optional on the Imperial, guessing optional.
Optional.
A very rare option, back in the day.
Who ever heard of rear disc brakes on an American 1974-75 car, back then.

I am going to have to take back my reply as to rear disc brakes as optional equipment on the 74-75 Chrysler Imperial, line of cars.
Evidentally, they were standard equipment, and not an option.
Found this out on allpar.com
Here is a bit of information that i copy and pasted.

Buyers got standard air conditioning, automatic transmission, power steering, power windows, and four-wheel power disc brakes (highly unusual for the time; the only other American car with that setup was the Corvette). Imperial retained their electronic ignition from 1972, and used the first standard 40,000-mile steel-belted radial tires in the industry. The digital clock was accurate enough to officially be called a chronometer, a rarity in those times; the glove box had an integral coin holder, the stereo had automatic search tuning, and the gas, temperature, and alternator gauges had warning lights.

Last edited:
We did this for a Sport Fury project. Rear discs were from an SRT Challenger/Charger, 13". 14.25 in the front with Brembos from a Viper.

You "might" be able to come up with "all Mopar" but remember that lots of that older stuff is not really readily available........next time you need pads, rotors, calipers, hardware.............
The calipers are the same as the later A-body front calipers (I.E. cheap and readily available).

The calipers are the same as the later A-body front calipers (I.E. cheap and readily available).

Correct.
All that you have to do is modify the pad a bit, to remove the metal lip on the front, and then your good to go.

The 8 and 1/4 and 9 and 1/4 can use the same backing plates the eight and three quarter and the Dana 9 and 3/4 use the same backing plates but you cannot just Bolt the nine and a quarter backing plate to a eight and three quarter or Dana.

The 8 and 1/4 and 9 and 1/4 can use the same backing plates the eight and three quarter and the Dana 9 and 3/4 use the same backing plates but you cannot just Bolt the nine and a quarter backing plate to a eight and three quarter or Dana.

So you drill the 5th hole, at the 6 o'clock low position on the plate.
How hard is that to do?
Easy, peasy, then your good to go, bolting the plates to the axle.

-
Back