Is this B5 blue?

-
I didn't get a chance to bust out the camera. So another cell phone pic is all I have. The color shows up really odd in pictures. It's certainly not B5 but it's nice. It'll look sweet with my orange magnum 360 in it.

20170730_210707.jpg

My car is ready to be picked up from the paint shop. The guy has done some surface rust repair and made the engine bay look sweet. The factory color is B7 blue with B7 interior. A friend of has a '69 charger R/T in B5. It's a beautiful color so I decided to go B5 on my dart and keep the B7 interior.

My problem is that he sent some progress pics and sent me a few completed pics. I'm pretty sure it's not B5 blue. I've paid him $250 for materials and $600 for labor. And I was really expecting it to be B5 bright blue. The pictures show a bunch of variances in the color. It even looks gray/silver in a few pics.

What do you guys think? Should I be out any more money to have him repaint it in the correct color? He had initially quoted me $500 labor and 2 weeks to do it. It's been a month and he went up $100 on labor. I have no issue with that. But I don't think I can live with the color as the rest of the car just won't be what I wanted.

View attachment 1715076992

View attachment 1715076994

View attachment 1715076995

View attachment 1715076996

As mentioned, when I went to paint store for paint, they asked what year B-5, and showed me a couple diff shades, all diff years. Nothing like the OP's.

FB_IMG_1527868599216.jpg

That is the best pic I have of it in the sun. I ended up having to pull the engine back out due to blowing a headgasket and damaging a cylinder. So I spent my paint money on rebuilding the engine. I bolted the front end back on it and have been driving the wheels off of it. The color has grown on me but it isn't B5, I'm having too much fun driving it to care.

Looks much better in the sun, actually it even looks blue now. Not grey-ish off blue in hue.

If you ever see B3, B5, B7 together, you will easily recognize them. B3 is of course, lighter, but has some silver to it. B7 is pretty dark. They will look differently if BC/CC or enamel/urethane also. Chevy back them had a md blue mch like b5, popular colors along with all the shades of green.

-
Back