• Too much

Votes: 107 90.7%
  • Not enough

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • About right

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
-
can get a lot nice car for that money, or maybe I should say a car in better condition ..... that is a nice car but not for $18k

Agreed 65-440.

... IF,#'s matching unmolested survivor maybe ...

JelloB1afra,
perhaps mail and ask for detailed pics, and the ok to post here :smile:

I don't know....... not started in 10 years, not sure of the mileage,
sitting on blocks outside in the sun in a desert.
Probably kosher.
Better take your 18k in cash cause this one won't be around long.

For that kind of cash it better be road ready and have a good interior. I say with the one pic posted too much cash.

It's a big piece of 18K dollar crap if it does not run.

actually for the $1 in the title you should have bought it already-- they do not want to sell it just haggle, Lawrence

Hard to say without looking at it in person. If it is a factory 383 4 speed in good restorable condition. Worth every penny.

The car with that exact picture is posted by a dealer in Cadillac Michigan.

http://www.fossilcars.com/plymouth/barracuda/581801

Description is the same word for word.

Also...why are the blocks under the suspension? Hiding the fact that the torsion bars are broken or the mounts are shot?

Needs more pics to show condition and validity of the 383S 4speed claims. As it sits with that one pic and assuming it's a real 383 car...I see a major project worth $5k.

This thing has been listed on Craigs for a looooong time. That should tell ya something. An original 383 4 speed in decent shape would most likely have sold by now.

I was just curious. i just bought my first "a" body (72 dart), and after flipping through the site some; i have find that i really like the 2nd gen barracudas. I just don't know how much these cars go for. but from the looks of it that car is way overpriced. this one seems a bit more appropriate
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4414186267.html

Agreed 65-440.

... IF,#'s matching unmolested survivor maybe ...

JelloB1afra,
perhaps mail and ask for detailed pics, and the ok to post here :smile:

is it okay to post craigslist ads on here? if not, ill take it down. sorry about that

I would stay away from both of them, the first one is over priced and shady, and the yellow one is pretty rough for the price.
All of the value in these cars is in the hard to come by parts such as correct engine, manifolds, etc.
Plan on spending a lot of money to restore it correctly.
If you want a hot rod, buy a slant six car with a good body and build yourself a clone.
You will be a lot further ahead in the long run.

It doesn't say it's numbers matching so I voted hell no. If it's all numbers matching with a good motor and doesn't have structural rot, it could fetch 10-12k.

First one IMO is worth less than half the asking price, its in no better condition than the yellow one

The yellow one looks like a solid car to start with but I would place a value of around $5-6000 on that one even

I think if you spend 18K on a project and you spend another 20-25 on mechanicals, body work, and interior you will never break even on this deal. If it is a matching numbers factory big block car you have still over spend on this project as far as I can tell. Just my 2 cents.

I think if you spend 18K on a project and you spend another 20-25 on mechanicals, body work, and interior you will never break even on this deal. If it is a matching numbers factory big block car you have still over spend on this project as far as I can tell. Just my 2 cents.

If every thing is there and numbers matchingv(which I'm not saying it is) You will spend more than that collecting the correct parts to build one if you just get a body or one like the yellow one. I wouldn't pay what he is asking, but then I never do pay asking price on anything.

I POSTED COMMENT LAST NIGHT THAT SIMPLY SIAD THE SELLER IS "NUTS"! WILL SAY TI AGAIN. lol
IF SOMEONE BUYS THAT FOIR THAT PRICE IF HAVE A 95 DODGE CUMMINS I WILL SELL THEM IOR $100,000 CASH ( NO TRADE INS)! lol
I WANT OFFER THE 72 SLANT DUSTER FOR $10,000, SOMEONE MIGHT WRITE ME A CHECK?????????

-
Back