Is this rare?Baco Raton In Dart Sport

-

mp67dart

Reaction score
I bought this Dart Sport for a parts car.I bought it sight unseen, a coworker told me about it and said he could talk the owner in to selling it to him. So i gave him the money and payed him to hauled it to me. I noticed the interior was Boca Raton and all i can find out about it was a option for the Silver Duster. Was it a option for the Dart Sport as well? I cant seem to find out anything on the web about being an opotion for the Dart Sport. Car is pretty much gone but i would like to find something out about it.

Attachments

• driver side.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 501
  • back.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 488
  • pass door.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 475
  • passenger seat.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 487
  • passenger.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 485
My Red Feather Duster has the Boca Raton interior package. I know it was not common but I do not know if I would call it rare. I have seen several cars with that interior package.

Thanks Dave,I didnt find that on the web any where when I was searching,only the options for the Dusters.

Thanks for all the info. I wanted to learn a little about car before I started parting it out. Thanks again!!

Sorry godfatherofchrys.but mirrors is one of the things I'm keeping off of car.

Too bad about its 'parts car' status ( I know , I know ... can't save 'em all ) . I've always liked that Baco Raton interior , especially with the silver exterior .

I spy a manual transmission ( witness the floor-shifter ) and am wondering if it's a 225 or 318 under the hood ?

A car like this would make the basis for a fun sleeper ! Imagine a LA4 Silver Cloud (love that name !) with maroon interior Dart Sport , maroon stripes , standard deluxe wheel covers over 14x5" (wider in rear , with a deceptive offset ) steel wheels , and 215 70 14 tyres in the front , and something like 225 70 14's in the rear .

Of course a stock looking 360 under the hood , backed up by a Tremec 5 speed (stock shifter ! ) and a 3.55 - 3.91 ratio.

No one --especially ricers-- would give it a second look !

Its was originally a 225 with a 3speed od(4speed) but po started swapping it over to a 318 and lost interest or ran out of $. Has a manual trans but have know idea as to what it is.I would love to save them all too but some times you have to draw a line. It would take a lot of sheet metal work and replacment more than it is worth.

-
Back