Is this stripe cool?

-

SirDan

Reaction score
I am working on designing a stripe for my dart. I want it to look like something that could have came from the factory.

The car will be vitamin c orange with a flat black hood, factory dual scoops(separate), black vinyl top, black go wing and body color police wheels.

I will probably draw or photoshop the end result but i want opinions first. I am also contemplating having some sort of lettering in the back of the stripe, maybe 318ci or something.

let me know what you think of it.

dart_stripe_scan.jpg

Sorry for the horrible quality my scanner is god awefull.

what would it look like if instead of getting fatter at the body line curve, if the stripe followed the line similar to that on the duster?

I've always adhered to the "less is more" school of thought. I think with the black hood, roof, and go wing on the orange, call it done, sounds like a great combo.

I love the strobe strip on the E bodies, not the T/A, AAR ones but the other one. Maybe try something like these.

I don't want to flat out copy one. I want to have something nobody else has.

what would it look like if instead of getting fatter at the body line curve, if the stripe followed the line similar to that on the duster?

that might be a good idea.

I am working on designing a stripe for my dart. I want it to look like something that could have came from the factory.

The car will be vitamin c orange with a flat black hood, factory dual scoops(separate), black vinyl top, black go wing and body color police wheels.

I will probably draw or photoshop the end result but i want opinions first. I am also contemplating having some sort of lettering in the back of the stripe, maybe 318ci or something.

let me know what you think of it.

Sorry for the horrible quality my scanner is god awefull.

Yep- its cool! if you decide on using the go wing, maybe have the stripe curve toward it in the rear.

I figured id try some color. sorry the scoops and wing look bad i just drew them in.
dart_concept_stripe_1.jpg

dart_concept_stripe_2.jpg

don't really like the text version, ill have to play around with it more.

Also i love the look of the car now, that i have from just playing with rattle cans and pin stripe but, I am dead set on an orange car. If i ever get another dart ill do it up like my signature but with real paint:D

I'm all for being different. It is starting to look busy, but not too bad. One thing though, try your stripe squared off at the front to match the body. Keeping the top even along the fender....

doesn't look too bad. It has an AAR cuda feel to it. I think it's better w/o the lettering for sure. I used to have a 70 swinger 340 in vit-c. I love the color also.

I think it looks a little weird how your strobe stripe segments start off wide at the front and then get skinny'r as the go towards the rear, and then it goes solid black. Seems a little backwards.

I'd try a version where the strobe stripes start small at the front and then get wider going back and then solid black at the back.
OR
make the stripe solid at the front and start the strobe effect at the qtr panel on back.

Just something to think about.

I think it looks a little weird how your strobe stripe segments start off wide at the front and then get skinny'r as the go towards the rear, and then it goes solid black. Seems a little backwards.

I'd try a version where the strobe stripes start small at the front and then get wider going back and then solid black at the back.
OR
make the stripe solid at the front and start the strobe effect at the qtr panel on back.

:sign7:and change the antenna ball to an orange "76" :D

post up a pic of the car in orange without a stripe... lets see it bare to have a clean slate to compare to.

OR

I too considered small to large front to back strobe at first look. Then I decided I wouldn't like that either. I can't imagine anything on the side that will actually help the looks of the car.

Not my cup of tea but I can be a snob like that, LOL At least I admit it.

My opinion?

If you want an AAR E-body, buy one of those.

(Frankly, I don't like it when people copy the distinctive traits of one vehicle and try to apply them to another. It seems like some sort of psychological "transference" issue. Either do something unique or admit what it is that you want but don't have, and pursue that. Otherwise the car just ends up looking...ethnic)

Proof?
IMG_3202.JPG

That said, I think if you lose the strobe, but keep the stripe, and ditch the blackout hood, it will look good. I like how you have the bodystripe accenting the hip behind the door. Keep the bottom of the stripe flat to parallel the beltline crease.

And no motor callouts. Your engine speaks for itself, literally. If you want to tell the world what you have, keep it in a 1x2 inch^2 area, distanced from your stripe (Low on the front fender, on a hood scoop, or on the rear deck), so you're not overdoing it. If some non-mopar person looks at it at a car show, they shouldn't know it's not factory. At that point, your mods are just as good as the factory stylists.

Edit: Keep the blackout hood that you already have, and see how it goes. Keep your mind open about getting it painted later. I didn't realize you were already there.

OR

Small front to back
dart_concept_stripe_3.jpg

Large to small
dart_concept_stripe_1.jpg

post up a pic of the car in orange without a stripe... lets see it bare to have a clean slate to compare to.
dart_concept_stripe_bare.jpg

It won't bother me too much if some people don't like it but, I really want to make it appear like it could have been factory. Also I am not going to call this thing an AAR or a T/A or an R/T.

I like the small front to back with the solid stripe at the rear like that top pic. Even the 318 looks good in the solid part to me.

Im with MileHighDart, If you reversed the hash marks I think, IMO that it would be a good looking stripe. Good work.

-
Back