Is Your Wife Supportive?

-

magnumminded

Reaction score
Just wondering if you wife is happy or displeased that your into your old Mopars and the time and money sometimes we spend on them?

HA HA HA HA!!!! My wife tolerates it at best. The only thing she likes about it is all the attention she gets when I have her out for a cruise.

Jack

My ex-wife did not support it. Could not even get her to admit it was at least as practical financially (if not more so) as her many pair of jimmy chu shoes at 300-500 per pair. Go figure.

I would say she is at least tolerant of my addiction. Plus it is hard to hide anything I buy since I am so far away, she receives all the parts I order. Not only that but she takes pics of everything in detail for me as well. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=158884 Everything after post 23 I think is pictures she has taken for me and that is just since mid-November. Really hard to hide the fact that I have spent almost $900 since the first of November. But she knows I have sacrificed alot to get what I have and she lets me spend it( she gets the whole paycheck I get a very very small amount each month), but when I get back in the states that will probably stop.

I don't spend much on mine... that is why it is not done! She would like me to get some things done though and have it painted and looking nice! It also helps that I spend money on her 68 Mustang (her dad bought it new in 68 and she drove it through high school). If I got more than 11 mpg she would be more supportive! LOL

My wife loves the car and all the fun we have cruising and racing it.When I was building it she spent many hours in the shop striping paint and under coating. Like Coyote above she tolerates the money spent but loves the attention she gets in the car.lol.

Attachments

• 4][py63452JPG.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 472
Well, I already owned my '68 when we met, and I already had a boat-load of NOS and spare parts. When I bought my '75 Scamp a few months back, she was cool with it. She's not into cars like I am, but she enjoys a good car cruise.

My wife supports me 100%. She was a motor head before I met her. She actually own my old 71 Dart Swinger when we started dating in 1982.

Cuda20 . Thats one of the nicest notch backs I have ever seen. Very well done. My wife tolerates the Dart. Shakes Her head when ever I buy something for it. She also is the first one to mention I have a 68 Dart , If a car conversation comes up.

my wife is very cool with it.. she loves car shows and being around cars.. enjoys sitting at the track and watching drag racing.. so, I never get any grief from her about the car or the money we spend fixing it up... Shes a keeper lol

Attachments

• 100_1502.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 454
Mine has been very supportive with my Duster resto. She even gets dirty workin on it with me!

Attachments

• DSCN3096.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 446
  • DSCN3098.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 450
Mine is totally supportive, she really enjoys drag racing. She had never been to a national race until I took her to to Houston 10 years ago. At dusk, we went to the fence at half track just before the first pair hit the starting line. When they thundered past us, she was trying to back over the front of me. After they past, she turned around and said she felt the shock wave go all the way through her. She also enjoys going to watch my partner and I race our crate motor Dakota.

Mine has never said a word about all the Summit Racing boxes that show up at the door. The only thing she did was try to talk me into painting the car green. She does not go to the drag strip, but does watch all my races via the internet. Thanks to Bangshift.com

I'm jealous of you guys with supportive wifes..... My wife hates my car, the hobby, and hates me even talking about it ........

Mine is fairly supportive of the car but doesn't understand how I can spend hours everyday on this web page :)

I'm jealous of you guys with supportive wifes..... My wife hates my car, the hobby, and hates me even talking about it ........

Tell her that while some guys are out whoring around cheating on their wives, or out with the boys spending money on god knows what, she knows where you are.....out in the garage working on the car....and where the money is going.

My wife supports me 100% in fact she is the one that pushed me to get the Dart. She loves going to shows and cruising and ever like to drive it. I love her to death and I do realize how lucky I am to have her support. I've dated women in the past that didn't understand my interest it was just a car or just a means to get from point A to point B to them. I feel for any of you guys that don't get the support and encouragment from the spouses as it is important to us guys.:salute:

Yep, my wife is very supportive. Like some of the other guys' wives, she likes cruising, car shows and appreciates nice cars. While she's yet to take a car down the 1/4 mile, I think we may be able to get her to make a pass this summer. Once that's out of the way, she will be hooked and much more willing to proceed with the mini-tub ! LOL :D

Support, that's a twin edge sword right! So yes she supports it, she is the reason I got into this at all really. But on the other hand, I know she would prefer that I get all the "honey do's" done that need attention first, I think we all make that mistake. But overall, she supports the "other" woman in my life, Wanda! And yea she gets a big ol' smile on her face when we cruise, and she is the first to say, "Hey my husband and I own a cool Mopar" So support, although she may flinch when I spend big bucks, but then after all, the end resuld we both enjoy!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas.

Well, I don't have a wife, but my girlfriend backs me 100%. She's even trying to buy a house right now, but when I try to tell her I'm saving money so I can to help furnish it, she tells me I better have my @$$ cruising around in the Dart this summer because she wants to be relaxing in the passenger's seat!
She's also the first girlfriend I've ever had that understands the hobby. I think she's a keeper.

My wife is very supportive and even comes out to the barn help some times. She loves going for a cruise or to a car show. She was very upset she did not get to go to MATS with me last year. We have a lot of fun together.

Attachments

• 100_4908.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 403
Is Your Wife Supportive?

So here's the story, I have 5 cars in the front yard, it looks like the "Sanford & Son" TV show (junkyard for those who don't know)

I'm at a car show and see a car, mentioned I always wanted one of these to hot rod. It is for sale. I start walking away.

The wife sez, "Why don't you buy it?

Me "I already have have the front yard full of crap! I don't need another car and have it look like crap in front of the neighbors."

Wife's reply; "So long as I have a place to park my car, I'm good. Screw the neighbors!"

Priceless!

Other notables about the wife;

Helped me build my first engine because I could not get the piston and rod out of her hands. I say "OK, I give up, put it in."

Caught Drag racing her mother to prove her 68 Stang it Faster than the Poncho Fire chicken. And was right.

Wants another Muscle car for herself. Torn between a few.

My wife use to be supportive but now she can't stand anything to do with it. I think it is because when I am in the shop nothing else matters. I have been into cars, engines etc since I was a Kid 8 or 9 years old, way before we met at 17 years old and now I am 45. I am not going to change so it is what it is..... Maybe when it is all finished and I can get her in the passenger seat it will be a different story. As of now I guess she sees this hobby as my other woman.....

-
Back