Is Your Wife Supportive?

-
My sweetie helps me with all the work.Thats her in the Avatar.We had just finished pulling the transmission.I love having a woman who can double clutch in high heels!:burnout::heart::heart::heart::heart:

hahahahahahahahahaha.... oh that was a good laugh. And I quote "With as much time and money as you spend on that old pile of scrap in the garage you could just as easily have bought a new car" Then I tell her I would use all of that time and money on a mistress and she shuts up.

As of now I guess she sees this hobby as my other woman.....
Well,my wife does call the Car(s) the Mistress('s).

Same boat to a degree. She don't hate it, but I can get carried away. I make time with the wife, as much as I hate it...kind of...sort of... well, you know what I mean... right... hello!
.........Stop laffin, you know what I mean right.....

More or less the opposite. I support the wifes racing hobby. If she catches me checking out another chick, she don't care but if I mention me selling my car then the fight is on.

My wife calls the cars the other women. They will be for sale before my dead body is cold, if she has her way!

No. I get by though without spending any "general fund" money on my car project, only buy and sell money. been like that for 10 years, so she really has nothing to complain about except time spent, and that is usually on my day off when she is at work, so she has little to complain about. Now going to 2 car shows a year, sometimes over soccer games...whao Nellie! Its like pulling teeth but I go anyway. You gotta do what you gotta do...

I owe mine at least 3 of my profit sharing checks. I already have a purchase planned for the next one it get :cheers:. I guess she is tolerating it pretty well.

X wife hated car, hated money I spent on ebay, hated car shows and thought my hobby was stupid and that she would never have married me knowing I simply liked cars. (She married a black dude days after our final papers) 3 years post divorce now has shown women in general do not like guys who like cars and I do not tell anyone anymore because they coin me as a redneck. Because of the above, I do not want the car anymore
as she is attatched to it at least in my mind but cant bring myself to "give it away."

Mine hates my car/truck wont ride in the Dart because it rides rough,loud,and smell like gas, no a/c. Complains about the money i spend on them. Ive been on three power tours 2 in Dart and 1 in Shelby, Been to the Nats bunch of time she never goes. Says she doesnt mind me going but she wont go. I always ask but im glad she doesnt go. I had them all when we got married so she knew.

Our Duster belongs to my son and me ,he forks out all the money for parts and then helps out when ever he can on the labor . He works 2 jobs and goes to school at nite when he is not working.

Alot of the time I am working on the car by my self, this really pisses my wife off. I love working on it , Its a stress releiver but she doesn't see it that way.
So you ask if she supports the project , thats an understatement. I think she would like to see it finished so she could have her husband back 100% but I dont think it will happen that way.

Always some thing to do on it.

Bob \ Bryce, and one pissed off wife

I don't care what she think's, I traded her for another dart, hence...2darts

No. I get by though without spending any "general fund" money on my car project, only buy and sell money. been like that for 10 years, so she really has nothing to complain about except time spent, and that is usually on my day off when she is at work, so she has little to complain about. Now going to 2 car shows a year, sometimes over soccer games...whao Nellie! Its like pulling teeth but I go anyway. You gotta do what you gotta do...
When you blow off the soccer games do you sleep with 1 eye open for a few nights??:-s

my EX...thought cars were a waste of money...every car I had pissed and moaned about the money going out and nothing coming in...oh well...hence she is a EX now...NOW the future wife is a total op of the ex as some here have met her at shows or the Nats...she is the reason I have the DUSTPAN...we found it the night we got engaged...she said "buy it hon..we can have have fun going to shows" little did she know what it would cost...and since the Nats this year I have put a TON into the car and not done yet..and all she says is " if we need it and will make u happy...get it." what a women..where was she 17 years ago.....

and we have a wedding to pay for..and she still says ok...if we need it....God I love this women...

My wife is kick ***.. she doesn't really care what I spend on my car as long as I take her out to dinner every friday at Roadhouse. She refuses to buy me parts that I want for Christmas or Birthdays though.. she says they are not fun enough.. A while back we needed some coin for a few things and I told her I was going to put the Dart up for sale and she got all pissed off and told me not to... She is great!

I wonder if the story is any different for the ladies on the forum?

Well, my wife knows how much I love the car. So as long as I am happy she don't mind. Aftwer I painted and put new top on she did not like the wheels. So she told me to pick some out and she would let me get them. She comes to the garage once in a while when I work on the car but most of the time I am by myself. She will not drive it but don't mind a ride once in a while.
Oh, here are the wheels she got for me. YES, SHE IS AWSOME. And has been for 25 years.

Attachments

• 100_2577a.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 173
X wife hated car, hated money I spent on ebay, hated car shows and thought my hobby was stupid and that she would never have married me knowing I simply liked cars. (She married a black dude days after our final papers) 3 years post divorce now has shown women in general do not like guys who like cars and I do not tell anyone anymore because they coin me as a redneck. Because of the above, I do not want the car anymore
as she is attatched to it at least in my mind but cant bring myself to "give it away."
Dude thats a sad story but there are ladies who love cars. Dont give up. Maybe you could find a nice trade.

Man my wife bought me my duster for a fathers day present 15 years ago and begs me to finish it so i can be her drive like a good boy.

Bought the wife a Mopar, 2010 Challenger, for our 23rd anniversary, and then she wanted my "junk" out of the garage. Her first comment was "You need to build your shop so I can have my garage back." Hmmmm, it was ordered within days. She probably didn't realize just how "supportive" she was being! Gotta love that girl! :D
And she likes hot cars too!

My Wife absolutely dispises My old cars....But like Rhett Butler said.."Frankly I don't give a damn"....Been hating My old iron cars for over 40 years...and She isn't going to change

Is that your car in your Avatar? What is lurking under the rear end?? Looks like some fatties!
Yes it is,Dana 60, 4.10, 4speed..... I like fatties, ah! that doesn't sound right

Attachments

• 70-Dart-rear.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 164
-
Back