Isis Power 3 cell install

-

schluney

Reaction score
I wanted to post a summary of the Isis electrical system that I installed in our challenger project car. I have another thread with the engine details but thought it would be better to start a new thread for the Isis install. Apologize in advance for pics, but best i could do with the camera phone.

This was our first mopar project (and car project for that matter). I wanted to rewire the car but wasnt sure how to go about it so began to look at different options. I researched the Isis 3 cell product and decided to give it a try. Customer service and product quality were excellent as were the instructions that accompanied the kit. I took some thinking upfront to determine where to place the mastercell and powercell's but after that the system was fairly easy even for a novice. When I did have questions, i was able to speak directly to very capable tech advisers that walked me through my questions.

Concept is simple, Mastercell comes programmed for std applications and receives all the swith inputs based on enclosed schematics. Loads are routed from the powercells located up front and in back. No more are power circuits pulled through switches and now loads are programmable. I also got the key fob kit that allows for starter and ign circuits to be locked out by key fob. Other loads can also be controlled by the key fob and are defined by user.

Thats about as technical as i get so let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them. System is up and running and I couldnt be happier with it....very cool. I attached several pictures of the car, engine bay, mastercell and one powercell under dash. Ignore the carpet....it will be replaced this winter......:smile:

much more information is available in the link below...

www.isispower.com

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,356
  • photo.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 2,155
  • Photo_2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 2,152
  • photo_3.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 2,179
How did the programming of the key fob go? Relatively straight forward?

Key fob programming was super simple, I don't have power locks so just use start and ign circuit. The master cell programming is built in so it's basically just assigning buttons. I haven't tried any custom programming but toying with the idea of wiring exhaust dumps thru Isis and activate with key fob. Will update post if I make that mod.

Looks great, I also went with the ISIS 3 cell sytem for my ride, but have gotten backlogged on the time to be able to dedicate to the rebuilding of the car. A quick question...where have you mounted the mastercell and the 2 powercells in the Challenger? Thank you in advance.

I have the master cell on the drier side floor pan above the dimmer switch and the front power cell in on the underside of the dash next to the speaker. The rear power cell in in the truck directly below the rear deck. A friend of mine put the 3 cell system in a 69 dart and he had room behind the kick panel on the driver side for the master cell and rear power cell above wheel well. I have ask him for some pics of his a body install but haven't seen them yet.

Can't speak to current pricing but I have right at $ 1200 in mine total. I bought my system in 2011 but motor and drivetrain work was just completed this year. My projects seem to take a while....

Isis raised there prices big time. I was planning to get a 3 cell starter kit and they were for sale for about $1000. You could find group buys for $800-900 on different forums.

NOW they want $1550 for the starter kit plus minimum $250 for add ons. I honestly feel they've priced themselves out of the market. I can't see spending $2000 for an electrical system when my motor didn't cost that....

If they ever lower the cost or run a deep discount group buy I might see myself stepping for a system....

Riddler

I agree Riddler. They have done themselves a significant disservice with their price increases. Suck for me is, I still need some extra things that weren't available when I organized the first group buy. Earlier this year those would have been $850, now I'm at $1250... OUCH!!! I will easily have more into electrical than any other single component in my project.

when i first saw that set up i thought it was cool as hell. i would have loved to try it out but it was just too damn much money for me..

Yep--That's what I thought-hey it is a great system but $2000.00 or more to wire a car,It is out of most of our wallets!!!!!! No thank you--Would rather spend money elsewhere and wire the ol' fashion way-Tried and true--Steve

I'm guessing if they took 25-30% off the price they could increase there sales by about the same amount...

Selling quantity is better than selling cost.

Riddler

I thought I would add a few pictures for the ignition set up i used. It was a simple process for wiring powercell A ignition circuit to HEI module / Coil. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• challey_3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 694
  • challey_2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 716
  • challey_1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 672
I'm guessing if they took 25-30% off the price they could increase there sales by about the same amount...

Selling quantity is better than selling cost.

Riddler

Depends on production and R&D costs as well as overhead... Too many factors to speculate. I organized the first group buy for it and we sold over 50 kits, so I figure if the price were in that ball park, adjusted occasionally for inflation, they would do well. I'm just not sure if those prices were profitable for them. None of us will ever know. All I know is I need to save a few extra bucks to complete my junk.

The price increase is definitely getting some attention though, it's also being talked about on PT.com, ISIS even popped in to give a word or two...

Makes sense Riddler, I am sure they would appreciate our feedback. I have two projects lined up that will need systems so maybe we can get a break....

I'm in for $1,000. The system looks great and I think it will make things go a lot quicker and make a lot more sense to me when I go to wire up my 73 Challenger hopefully by next summer. I am cringing the current cost of the system. It's 3x the cost of a new conventional total wiring kit.
Bill (Vermont)

I'm in for $1,000. The system looks great and I think it will make things go a lot quicker and make a lot more sense to me when I go to wire up my 73 Challenger hopefully by next summer. I am cringing the current cost of the system. It's 3x the cost of a new conventional total wiring kit.
Bill (Vermont)

I'm in for 1 maybe 2...maybe none! i just priced, from year one, engine wiring harness, ralley dash wiring, forward harness and rear harness and it totaled 700.18. Not sure if my 30% discount applies but it is still WAY less. If IsIS was 950, 1000.00 I would use it for sure.

-
Back