Island Members

-
Victoria Spotters Review

I'm having a great old time car watching! I always love Victoria. Here's what I've seen, just today actually....

'65 Valiant, white w/blue interior. Talked to the guy actually.
'66 Valiant 4-door, creamy colour
'67 Dart, light blue, real nice with nice modern mags
'6? Dodge A100 van, white with an orange parts van beside it...downtown in a parking lot
'72? Dart, sublime. on Quadra towards Saanich

Lots of other cool cars too...some Chevys, an old Ford van, a Model T hot rod, lots of cool VW's and all kinds of stuff! I love it!

I guess we'll GT another time guys.

Early tomorrow morning, no time for GT's now. That's okay, I'll be back next year I think. I hope I get here in the summer so I can take in some car shows or cruises ya know? I feel like carrots are dangling in front of me all the time while I'm here.

hey guys im from parksville here, its a little late to post about the duster on the pole but ill let you guys in on what i know about it and mopars around the area. im the kinda guy that has to stop even if it risks getting shot ahaha.

the duster on the pole! from what ive gathered, its a 70 duster, 318, the guy wants $2500 for it, but he doesnt have any mopars in his yard. but next to his is Coal Town auto, they sometimes have old mopars in their yard, ive seen a few darts, a roadrunner, etc. And actually on the street behind those wreckers there is a guy i talked to once, he's got a few 340 demons out front as well as an old fargo p/u, and a 72 dart, but rumor has it his yard is just packed with oldies.

as for horne lake, its really too bad the owner crushed everything, he did have a lot of neat stuff. i remember walking through there over and over, lots of 74-76 darts, two 70 darts, a 68 roadrunner shell, a 68 or 69 complete coronet, i have no idea why i never picked it up, a ton of 60s valiants, a 70-72 duster, lots of 70s model valiants, and he had a plymouth VIP that he built for his son for his first car, but he fabbed on to it a pair of 59 caddy fins with tail lights, and said the caddy was the first car in that yard when he started it. but at the same time, when he was crushing it all, i offered him more than what he would get from the crusher for a complete 70 dart, and he turned me down saying he had a quota, so that was a pretty big piss off.

as for coombs area, there is a ton of stuff in people's back yards, but like anywhere, you have to search for it. a friend of mine lives out that area and collects big block cars from the 50s to late 70s, and lots of vintage hemis. he probably has 500 big block cars out there.

as for meeting you guys for lunch sometime, i'd be down for that.
im living in victoria right now attending camosun for electrical. unfortunatly the dart isnt yet finished so perhaps one of you could pick me up or something on a nice day in your nice vehicle?

I still can't believe the Horne Lake place closed down. I phoned one day and asked if they had '69 Charger parts. He said "Yes, we have 3 '69s"...I almost **** myself. I can't believe they crushed everything. WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!! I'm having a lot of problems finding parts for my Charger on the island. Does anyone have pictures from the Horne Lake yard? I'd be REALLY interested in seeing them. Also, the place with the Duster on the pole, you guys say there is a field out back with Mopars? If you go into the junkyard, is the field visable?

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Cody. I'm 16 and I'm in Duncan. I have a '69 Charger R/T tribute pro-tourer in progress and a '73 Duster daily driver which I'm slowly turning into a road racer.

Welcome Cody!!...from just slightly south of you. Is your Charger on the road? If so, did you make it to Francelli's this last summer anytime?

Not sure how many Mope's are left in that yard, but it is definitely an auto wrecker yard.

Pictures of my cars...
scan00143.jpg

vancouver097.jpg

Welcome Cody!!...from just slightly south of you. Is your Charger on the road? If so, did you make it to Francelli's this last summer anytime?

Not sure how many Mope's are left in that yard, but it is definitely an auto wrecker yard.

Nope, it's not on the road. It hasen't been since the late 80's.

So if I go to the Duster yard and look around, I might be able to spot some Mopars? Also, whats this I hear about the road behind the Naniamo yards? There's Demons or something like that in yards on it?

Nope, it's not on the road. It hasen't been since the late 80's.

So if I go to the Duster yard and look around, I might be able to spot some Mopars? Also, whats this I hear about the road behind the Naniamo yards? There's Demons or something like that in yards on it?

Cody, Mike from Parksville here. I've been to the Duster on the pole place, it's I believe 2 auto wreckers left of Coaltown Auto Wrecking. The Duster place doesn't have anything old. All 1990 and up. Coaltown often has /6 Darts and C bodies, things like that. As for behind those auto wreckers, there is a street there. Some farms and things on it. There is a guy who did have a couple Demons a few years ago, one was a complete running /6 car, and one was a shell of a 340 car. He also had a 72 Dart and an early Fargo pickup. As for anything else, I've heard he has a lot more pushed in the woods behind his house, like a LOT, but he won't let anyone back there to see.

Now, as for 69 Charger parts, there is a guy by the name of Glen, also known as the Corvette Kid, he lives in Qualicum on a farm. He has a couple 69 Hemi Chargers in his mass of cars, along with some other Chargers, but the guy is a complete rip off. He will charge you an arm and a leg for anything, and you have to be there at the right time to even get anything. He will often tell you 'yes I'll sell this part' but if you go to get money and come back the same day, he will have changed his mind. You have to have money there, not knowing how much he will want, and then get the part. And he'll most likely pull it, or stand over you and watch you pull it. But, he does have some really rare cars in that yard.

Now, as for 69 Charger parts, there is a guy by the name of Glen, also known as the Corvette Kid, he lives in Qualicum on a farm. He has a couple 69 Hemi Chargers in his mass of cars, along with some other Chargers, but the guy is a complete rip off. He will charge you an arm and a leg for anything, and you have to be there at the right time to even get anything. He will often tell you 'yes I'll sell this part' but if you go to get money and come back the same day, he will have changed his mind. You have to have money there, not knowing how much he will want, and then get the part. And he'll most likely pull it, or stand over you and watch you pull it. But, he does have some really rare cars in that yard.

Do you think he'd let me check out the cars and take a few pics?

Hey guys it sounds like there is a couple of guys on the island that have some parts.

Though if you don't mind going off the island there are a couple of mopar wreckers out there. One in Alberta by the name of Flatla, I have bought part from him and he is great. You will find the contact # in the central Alberta forum. The other place is in the states in Oregon I think it's called Wildcat.

They are both good wreckers and I have had good results.

Hi everyone. Can anyone recommend a machine shop/engine builder on the island (the closer to Courtenay the better)? anyone I should definately stay away from?

Thanks

Show your wheels, chat, have a :coffee2: .

Excellent place "every" Friday evening 5PM - 10PM. This is a free "open" Show & Shine that just seemed to stick and has as many as 200+ cars. After a few hours of chat and show, then Cruise your wheels to the Victoria waterfront.
I wish to see more MOPARs and hope that any members from out of town visiting Victoria drop in so we can have a get together.

LINK and MENUs

http://www.francellis.ca/default.htm

Geez, I thought you meant the real Island..PEI :) ..or even NFLD or Cape Breton..got me all excited..

Grassy

Not that I'd mind having a bridge or tunnel to the mainland. At $100 for a ferry ride, it makes travelling a pain. Does tend to keep the riff-raff out though.

When we lived on PEI when there was only a ferry,...the wait times were up to 24 hours!!

Later in life I learned to ride a motorcycle .they would be tucked in places where cars couldn't go...some of my my friends would carry over a cow..no wait for livestock..they would park the cow at a friends house and pick it up on the way home..I am *not* sad that there is a bridge..

Sometimes, due to the weather..the boats wouldn't run..I used to get cabin fever bad...

The trip to the magellan islands is more...

cheers
Grassy

.........Hey guys, im coming out to the island on the 1st till the 9th.........if any1 wants to meet up lmk...........kim..........i could bring some parts if any1 wants something.........

.........Hey guys, im coming out to the island on the 1st till the 9th.........if any1 wants to meet up lmk...........kim..........i could bring some parts if any1 wants something.........

Kim...might be helpful if you could list the parts you were willing to bring...I'm not up-to-date on your current inventory.

Are you coming down to Victoria?

-
Back