Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona

Former Yooper, always a MoPar fan.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I need the speedo assembly for a 65 Dart 273. It is a 904-LA transmission. Let me know if you have one, please send/post pic. I need the gear, shaft, housing, and retainer. The hole in the trans is 1” and the spline to match up with is in about 1 1/4”. Not sure how many teeth I need to get it right. It is the smaller rear end but I changed the tires from the original 14s to 195/r65/15s. So... I don’t really care if I get the gear tooth count right at this time, unless it has to be a certain one for this trans? I just need one that fits for now to get the beast running and driving for the first time.

Thanks
Jim

2ADBAFD8-CAA8-47ED-AFA9-880C97B58194.jpeg

Last edited:
All I have is a hole for it to go into. It is a 904-LA transmission. Let me know if you have one, please send/post pic. I need the gear, shaft, housing, and clamp.

Thanks
Jim
Looks like you are selling one.

It looks right from what I see, but I don’t have the original to compare with. Do you know what it is out of? And how much do you want for it? Thanks!

I believe it's from an early A body but the gear is for a 3.23 with a 24 inch tire. or 3.55 with 27 inch tire

By “they” you must mean me... I would be glad to move it to the wanted section (sorry I didn’t see it before, used to seeing many posts in for sale with ISO in the title). But I don’t know how to move it... or do I simply start over? Thanks!

By “they” you must mean me... I would be glad to move it to the wanted section (sorry I didn’t see it before, used to seeing many posts in for sale with ISO in the title). But I don’t know how to move it... or do I simply start over? Thanks!
I already fixed it. We have highlighted titles here and don't use the ISO thing. Simply put, if you are looking for something, you start a wanted thread. If you are selling, a sale thread. Read and understand the sale rules before posting. If you do it wrong your thread may get deleted.

Last edited:
Post pictures of the transmission in the "Wanted" section, we cant see it from our houses.

Here is what I have... the hole is 1” and the spline is in about 1 1/4” from the surface.

Working on moving this to wanted if I can, or I will start over there. Thanks.
844328BB-5304-42FF-AD71-691E5E1D5838.jpeg

I believe it's from an early A body but the gear is for a 3.23 with a 24 inch tire. or 3.55 with 27 inch tire
Will the housing fit in a 1” hole? If it will, how much $$ do you want for it? Thanks

I've been doing this for 60 plus years and have never seen a speedo housing that small. This one is 1 3/4". Sorry I can't help you

I've been doing this for 60 plus years and have never seen a speedo housing that small. This one is 1 3/4". Sorry I can't help you

I can’t tell you how many times I have been told things like that. I must attract the prototypes of everything... LOL Oh well I will keep looking. Thanks

That might be the hole for the park shift cable. 65 have cable operated shift.
I was just thinking about that, looking on the net for a photo and wondering if the op would take a picture of the side of the transmission where the hole is but not so up close like the last photo. There's something screwy here I think.

Looks like the speedo cable hole to me. I think I have a gear, but, nothing else.

I was just thinking about that, looking on the net for a photo and wondering if the op would take a picture of the side of the transmission where the hole is but not so up close like the last photo. There's something screwy here I think.
Here is a pic of the trans and of the service manual. The park-lock cable is ahead of this hole on the underside of the trans in this pic.
1D0B798C-9EBD-43BD-BC7F-CFDE82815E41.jpeg
FD7B76BF-CB6E-4147-83C1-2885306E7E4F.jpeg

Do you have a transmission shop in your town? I could see a guy having one of those in a box under the bench or in a tool box drawer.

Every pre 66 trans was like this. What is so hard for folks recognize? Ive been doing this for only 6 years, and I know it. Plus I have speedo gears. arizona can pm me if he wants a particular tooth count.

Every pre 66 trans was like this. What is so hard for folks recognize? Ive been doing this for only 6 years, and I know it. Plus I have speedo gears. arizona can pm me if he wants a particular tooth count.
Good thing you stopped by.

From what I see the speedo cable and housing are a single piece. It also looks like the gear inside the trans is not included, so if I get this one I will still need a gear. But this is the main part.
A4CC7C38-2247-4627-866E-253CBE8E5003.png
4C42B407-8ED6-4A1D-9531-E63FBF90C74F.jpeg

Yes, you'll still need the gear and clip. Do you have the cable retainer and bolt?
No, I don’t have anything at all. I can get the cable and housing (reproduction) but don’t know about the gear/ clip.

I have the complete setup. OEM A body cable and a choice of several tooth pinion gears. $100
PM me to discuss and leave contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back