-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Highest speed in a long time. Kim

1338F3E6-663C-43E1-98FD-A5F155B03A94.jpeg

Wow!! A bit breezy here too, but just breezy, not dangerous LOL

I was working in that area erecting a steel building. Needless to say, we had to shut down. That sign was about 20 miles from me. There were also two grass fires that started. Good thing they were kept under control. It is damn tough for firefighters in these winds.

Last edited:
I have had over 9 inches of rain since yesterday but sun is peeking through now. Not complaining because we were in drought!

Over 35 mph they shut our power off. I live in a high tech state. Kalifornia
Well, we made that bed with our courts. Sorry for all you No-Cal folks who are dark. We get ~70 mph winds 2-3x a year here in So. Cal with a few gusts higher than that. Light big rigs just blow over on the 15. Fires blow torch for thousands of acres. It aint global warming or even climate change, its called living in a F'n desert.

Well, we made that bed with our courts. Sorry for all you No-Cal folks who are dark. We get ~70 mph winds 2-3x a year here in So. Cal with a few gusts higher than that. Light big rigs just blow over on the 15. Fires blow torch for thousands of acres. It aint global warming or even climate change, its called living in a F'n desert.

Well I would rather be without power than be in the path of a wildfire in 70mph winds that was started by a spark from a downed power line.

Well I would rather be without power than be in the path of a wildfire in 70mph winds that was started by a spark from a downed power line.
Yup. That's what the power company decided. And Gavin N is all pissed off about it. What do you want, Gavin? Another Paradise or a few folks without power for a few hours? Just get a generator.

Maybe now we’ll have a sister city in North Korea! I live in a high tech state! Kalifornia

This was in Edmonton. I wouldn’t want to be these guys.

Now who in the world you reckon was the DUMBASS that sent them boys out in weather like that? not like they didn't know from the forecast it was comin.

-
Back