It just collapsed in half!!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
LOL

IMG_0152cs_zpslp4qniuw.jpg

IMG_0151cs_zpsfruasb3a.jpg

This is the "engine bay jig." Now, I realize, that at my age, I probably won't live long enough to get all the crap done I want to. But the idea here, is I don't have room for the whole darn car, or "another car." So this "engine bay jig"

will serve for possible suspension work, for a turbo build jig, and for a 4XRE/RH OD automatic trial fit.

By the way if anybody wants parts off this thing you better get on the stick. The rear half and some of the rest is going to the scrap yard.

I like the idea of a turbo build jig....

Do you plan on building onto it so you can roll it around?

I cannot take credit. Somewhere, maybe here, someone else did the same. It think their project was an early A If I had "lotsa acres" I'd just keep the shell

I won't do any more with it unless I need it, and "then we'll see" LOL

An' I'll tell ya............I is tard and sore!!! Not just from today, it has been "building up" from this whole deal last few days!!!

I could not have done any of this without the 2 post

Sweet Del, but I got diverticulitis today, so no sympathy from me on pain.:sad9::pale:

Oh, MAN!! I thought this was a joke. Had to Google that. Well, my sympathies

Thanks Del! This is the second time it hit me. The first was on vacation at Niagra Falls. Spent the day in the ER. Now, I think I know how to treat it, so hoping to avoid another hospital visit.

I recall watching the SNL skit about Mr. And Mrs. Whiner crying about diverticulitis. Now it's not so funny. Twice in two years isn't too bad though.

Well, as my father used to say, it's better than the alternative (i.e. Death)!

hey Del - like so (does this work for you?) essentially, above the sticker about an inch or so and below the catch about 5 or 6 inches (I need at least 2" of the contoured portion below the catch) I don't need any of the rear door hang/mount pillar but leave the front weather strip edge.

Attachments

• cutout.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 510
  • cutout2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 478
Sweet Del, but I got diverticulitis today, so no sympathy from me on pain.:sad9::pale:

I cured (or at least made it go completely away) diverticulitis!!! I used to have very bad pain/bleeding but now it's gone!!!!!!

Treblig

was the front seat a split bench . it did not take you long to take that car apart and the engine compartment looks in good shape .

LOL

IMG_0152cs_zpslp4qniuw.jpg

This is the "engine bay jig." Now, I realize, that at my age, I probably won't live long enough to get all the crap done I want to. But the idea here, is I don't have room for the whole darn car, or "another car." So this "engine bay jig"

will serve for possible suspension work, for a turbo build jig, and for a 4XRE/RH OD automatic trial fit.

By the way if anybody wants parts off this thing you better get on the stick. The rear half and some of the rest is going to the scrap yard.

LOL, this is not the proper way to chop a top, but I do like the wind deflector on the roof.
Nice idea of using it as a jig. Whole lot less hours bent over into an engine bay

hey Del - like so (does this work for you?) essentially, above the sticker about an inch or so and below the catch about 5 or 6 inches (I need at least 2" of the contoured portion below the catch) I don't need any of the rear door hang/mount pillar but leave the front weather strip edge.

Here, this one will work better.........

IMG_0158cs_zpssumgykih.jpg

Pm sent, also how about the hood hinges,

Inner wheel houses with part of the floor pans attached at the front and back?

I have a 69 notch that somebody hacked aluminum wheel tubs into. I am trying to put it back to steel minitubs. The inner wheel houses are the same all A body 67-76 this is why i need part of the floor fwd and aft of the wheel houses

Pic of the sections i need out of the shock mount crossmember with fuel tank strap keyholes. prob be best to cut it about 10" past strap keyholes on either side of each keyhole. I am modifiying my 67 shock crosdmember to accept the 68-76 double fuel tank straps. You can see from the pic the rear J hook mounts at spare tire well are already in place.

Please give me price, plus shipping to texas 79606

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-07-15-07-26.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 247
Sorry guys the body shell just went to the yard. Eating lunch, watching Gunsmoke

ScampMike, I updated the photo, I cut the posts out if you can advise me where you want these cut

how are the lower quarters? at the crease line and down that is. i need that section from bumper to wheel opening strait across the quarter.

how are the lower quarters? at the crease line and down that is. i need that section from bumper to wheel opening strait across the quarter.

Body is gone. Rear quarters and trunk was junk

-
Back