Items not as described

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

David Eldridge

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with someone on here who has sold an item to them and its has not been as described or damaged. How do you go about dealing with it?

Here's what was sent to me. These pictures are after all the rust was cleaned off and it was painted. Only way you can see the damage

dart wheel 1.jpg

dart wheel 2.jpg

dart wheel 3.jpg

I would just mount it up. I bet it seals fine or a good wheel shop can fix it.

As for the seller, well that's a dick move if it wasn't mentioned but like you sai, It was hard to see before. Maybe he missed it?

I could have that perfect with an adjustable wrench in 5 minutes. I wonder how old that wheel is?

Only way you can see the damage

So the only way to see the damage was to clean it up and paint it, but you want some kind of retribution from the seller because he missed it?

Straighten the edge by either of the methods mentioned above, repaint if necessary and move on.

Contact the seller and see what he says. Easy fix though.

I've been sold lots of **** that was damaged in some shape or form that was never mentioned pryor to purchase, especially items that were bought " brand new". I just deal with it, do the best I can to fix it, and move on to the next thing. it's just not worth the hassle to me to make a big deal out of it. people are shady, businesses unload their previous returns on the next guy, it's the internet and goes with the territory, although summit racing is by far the best at refunding/ replacing. as for private sellers , it's a total crap shoot.

Hell it was could have been dropped in shipping.
Exactly. If it’s a big enough of deal for the OP, he should contact the shipper and file a claim. Especially if it wasn’t visible from pics before hand.

As to the seller and assuming there’s no evidence of damage prior, but after it’s been blasted and painted, and then the damage shows up, that’s really not on the seller.

I have had the same happen to me before. Often when you go back and look at the photos, oops, there's that dent. I didn't notice it before. Too excited to find what I needed I guess.

I tried contacting the seller. He kept saying I didn't ask about any damage. I did. I have the conversation on here to prove it. But why the hell would I want a bent wheel even if I didn't ask. I was replacing another wheel I had with an early production centerbore that didn't fit on my front hubs. His reply was my concern was with the centerbore and not any damage to the rest of the wheel

I tried contacting the seller. He kept saying I didn't ask about any damage. I did. I have the conversation on here to prove it. But why the hell would I want a bent wheel even if I didn't ask. I was replacing another wheel I had with an early production centerbore that didn't fit on my front hubs. His reply was my concern was with the centerbore and not any damage to the rest of the wheel
I say black out the name, then post screenshots of it. IF he misrepresented the product, then there are other issues, should you want to push it. That said, I would find out if a tire shop can repair it for you first before going too hard on anything

Most people try to represent their items honestly. I have to push to get people to actually call an discuss the condition of a car I might have for sale. They want it all on a text! I want to walk around the car with phone in hand and mention all flaws I see if any.
The wheel is an easy fix, but if the seller knew it had any issue he should have said. Like mentioned these parts are 40-50 years old, they ain't new! Fi it yourself and move on, is my take.

I guess the way this site works is you can give the seller a bad mark on here some way. I never ha the problem or anyone with a problem with me I know of.
I have straighten those with a big pipe wrench and cheaper pipe, with a fat man holding it down!

I've tried everything. All I can do is find another one. All I can say is be careful if buying from Mr. Sinister on here
does not look like you tried to fix it. Like I said, post the pics he sent you prior so we can see if the damage was there prior. Name dropping without providing backup evidence usually just leads to snipping and arguing.

I guess the way this site works is you can give the seller a bad mark on here some way. I never ha the problem or anyone with a problem with me I know of.
I have straighten those with a big pipe wrench and cheaper pipe, with a fat man holding it down!
I was thinking the same thing. I find it interesting that no pics of the wheel PRIOR to the sanding have been posted despite people asking.

upload_2019-4-12_10-16-37.png

does not look like you tried to fix it. Like I said, post the pics he sent you prior so we can see if the damage was there prior. Name dropping without providing backup evidence usually just leads to snipping and arguing.
The pictures he sent doesn't show the angle to where you can see it. Ill post them though

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back