its alive!

-

MOPARCODY

Reaction score
finally got the dart out of the garage!!
here are some pics

dart5.jpg

dart3-1.jpg

dart4.jpg

dart6.jpg

my dad bought a goodmark hood for his 67 chevelle, long story short it slid off the back of the truck and got messed up, so i cut the center out of it, cut the center out of a stock gt hood and welded it on, its all metal no glass

my dad bought a goodmark hood for his 67 chevelle, long story short it slid off the back of the truck and got messed up, so i cut the center out of it, cut the center out of a stock gt hood and welded it on, its all metal no glass
Nice!! I' thinkin of going the max wedge look on my 65.

Attachments

• Max-Wedge-Hood--Scoop-Dodge-Plymouth-Super-Stock-Hemi-for-sale_250826608563.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 284
that will look sick! my friend has one on his 66 and it looks pretty tough.

im thinkin about changin it up tho, i want one of the small hemi scoops

Is that a crate 380 HP magnum? I have a brand new 380 hp motor (barn find still in crate) Have any issues with the motor that I need to be warned of? Mine is in a 73 Duster with 3600 stall. This thing screws, but I am considering a head change, poss. eddy or LA Max heads.

its the 395 hp mpp engine,

the only issue i had was i over revved it once and it mushroomed one of my valves, so i upgraded to the edelbrock heads, i upgraded to tighter valve springs 1.7rr's and sent the heads to shady dells peed shop and had them ported and polished (which was a HUGE difference over the stock setup)

3600 stall is perfect for that setup i have a 3200 but it ended up stalling to 3950 after the heads upgrade

Is that a crate 380 HP magnum? I have a brand new 380 hp motor (barn find still in crate) Have any issues with the motor that I need to be warned of? Mine is in a 73 Duster with 3600 stall. This thing screws, but I am considering a head change, poss. eddy or LA Max heads.

stick with the magnum style heads, itll save a lot of headache when it comes to cam and oiling issues as the magnums have oil through pushrods and a slightly different cam setup

thanks for all the comments, hopefully ill have it out to the track soon, ive missed tnt 3 weeks in a row because of small problems ranging from linkage issues to fuel cut off switch

car is a beast too bad my vette is still faster lol

You know, this is kinda random and has almost nothing to do with this thread, but your car looks a lot like the 65 Dart GT Coupe that was in the background of the original Herbie the Love Bug movie.. I will find a pic of it and post it. Cant be too many factory black/white top 65 gt's in California..

Of course now I cant find a pic of it. If you watch the original 1968 movie The Love bug, and look in the background while Jim Douglas and Carole Bennett are driving in Herbie, and you'll see what I mean.

Sorry, I'm just that weird..

First good look Dart and I know you will have a great time with it, Second do you have a mini Tub on it and what size tires are you running in teh back

Congrats the dart looks great.....looking forward to seeing how it performs :hello1:

Rickster

-
Back