It's doing it again. Anybody else living in the south over this crap

-
2 weeks? After we just got 14 inches of snow, we'll be lucky to get to the drag strip in 2 plus months! DAMN

I'm in Denver and it's going down to -7 tonight. You want to know how cold that is????? Today I saw a democrat walking around with his hands in HIS OWN pockets.

I'm in Denver and it's going down to -7 tonight. You want to know how cold that is????? Today I saw a democrat walking around with his hands in HIS OWN pockets.

Good one!

As everyone knows it's nasty in the south now, by tomorrow the ice will be frozen solid and it'll be like driving up a toboggan run to get out of my place, hopefully I will be able to get to work because I stayed home today and I feel bad for the few of my coworkers who had to run the show...

I live in the sticks north of Birmingham. Sunday night we got about 3 inches of sleet. Monday morning it looked like about 5-6 inches of snow and my kids were going nuts. When they went out to play in the snow, they didn't even leave footprints!!! All the roads were closed here. The Sherrif will arrest you if you are on the interstate, and your insurance will not cover an accident on a closed road, so we were pretty-much shut down. My boss came into work yesterday and was totally freaked out that no one was here. He doesn't think twice about totaling his Cadilac (he went through 6 cars last year, 3 of them were STSs with less than 1000 miles on them!). He's 85 years old and drives just like Mr. Magoo. I did make it in today, and the roads are really bad. I have about 20 employees here today and had to move them all into one department just so we will not have another lost production day. It is supposed to get above freezing for a few hours a day this week, then in the teens at night. That's gonna make the roads even worse. Then another storm this weekend.

Yeah, I'm sick of it.

Ice on the roads means truck in the driveway. I have no issues with driving in the winter as I was raised and lived in New England for SEVERAL yrs. but I only got one truck and if I get whacked by another driver then I am out of business so I will stay home until the ice melts on the roads.

It's above freezing (for now), everything is soaking wet and it is snowing. Anybody else regretting all those nasty threads about the heat we posted last summer?

I took this pic a little over a week ago the same night I pulled the trans outta my Daytona Iroc R/T in CT.winds were blowing 40 mph at 18 degrees and no heat in the garage.Oh and we are expecting a big dumping starting tonight to add to the misery.........I am just so excited.

Attachments

• 000_2576.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 135
I took this pic a little over a week ago the same night I pulled the trans outta my Daytona Iroc R/T in CT.winds were blowing 40 mph at 18 degrees and no heat in the garage.Oh and we are expecting a big dumping starting tonight to add to the misery.........I am just so excited.
I can just read your sarcasm all the way here in GA:toothy10: Yeah, we had a foot and now its slowly melting away but I am still trapped for now as we don't have road services in my county and I am kinda glad for the fact our roads dont get salted and/or sanded and it shows as alot of the cars in this area are rust free. But atleast they could plow them or something. :angry7:

We just got ours this weekend. Only a few inches of snow but it shuts us down.

Might get to go back to work tomorrow. The boss still hasn't called.

Mr. Magoo.... LOL!

Wait a minute, you live in ATLANTA and the summer time kills you and you sweat like a stuffed pig!!!!!!!!

You live in the wrong area if you don't like heat and humidity my friend!!!

No, I can take it I just hate the heat.

I grew up in Pennsylvania, and I'm used to the cold and several days 20 below zero, just had to go where the work was......stress the word "was."

We got 5.5 inches of the white stuff a couple days ago, the road crews did not do jack..road crews? there are NO road crews.

The snow is left to melt, no trucks, no plows, no salt, maybe a couple moron throwing down sand because they read somewhere in readers digest that sand might help, yeah okay Einstein.

I can only imagine how much money the economy lost in the past 2 days and looks like it won't melt until this weekend.

Makes me want to get a 4 wheeler with a snow plow to do the neighborhood next year, maybe next week if this keeps up.

Yeah it's frustrating watching the morons who can't drive in this stuff.

I watched the Atlanta news last night, they showed people driving in I- 85, going around road blocks etc, it was kinda funny, but I feel for the cops and wrecker service people that have to help out morons that were told to stay home to begin with,
oh ya, there were plenty of them down here as well!!

Got slammed again last night,oh yay.The drive to work was a bit shocking at 4:30am,the V6 Iroc was draggin bottom and someone had plowed there driveway and the streamer of snow went across the road and stood about 4 feet high,packed the front so tight that the car started to overheat.The worst part is the snow that travels up the hood and and makes it way to the windshield and your blind driving,that got my heart pounding.Nortwest CT.

Attachments

• 000_2594.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 125
Got slammed again last night,oh yay.The drive to work was a bit shocking at 4:30am,the V6 Iroc was draggin bottom and someone had plowed there driveway and the streamer of snow went across the road and stood about 4 feet high,packed the front so tight that the car started to overheat.The worst part is the snow that travels up the hood and and makes it way to the windshield and your blind driving,that got my heart pounding.

Wow glad we missed it. There is a solid sheet of ice every where down here. The sun melts the snow around noon then it starts to refreeze.

Man you need to put a cover on that Dart man!!! LOL

I keep reading this thread but some of you don't have your location listed. Without locations the posts are useless.

Damnit. I'm sorry I said that earlier. SNOW GO AWAY!!! I NEED TO FIX MY CAPRICE! South keep the snow, I would like to know what it's like to live there for one winter with out having to move down there.

@Cuda: Just buy one, everyone will love you.

When I was an officer in MN. I hated when we had weather like what your having. If my relief could not make it in because of the weather I had to stay on for a double whether you like it or not. The same happens to nurses and alot of others. It makes the winter even longer. I wish you all better times.

it's not snowing because Al Gore says it will never snow again due to Global Warming! So if you see snow you must have a vivid imagination :-D

Ummm, it was like 85 here today... Monday morning when i got home at 1:15 am it was about 60 degrees with a slight breeze... I hate the politics but love the weather here in South Kalifornia.

-
Back