{{{{{{ it's finally alive - VIDEO ADDED }}}}}}

-

rickstershemi

It's True....I'm Nutz
Reaction score
Yep....fired up the 408 today on the test stand I built and it runs great....no leaks, fairly aggressive idle and snappy as all get-out....oh yeah love the tunnel ram and 500 avs's
boogie.gif

Now....after a good 20 minute run-in @ 2000 rpm and a few heat cycles....i ck'd cranking compression and all holes are between 205 - 210
shock.gif

Best guess on compression is somewhere around 10.5 - 11.1 flat top icons / 5cc reliefs @ zero deck.....J Heads 2.02/1.60 midly massaged that have been decked a few times throughout their life and uncertain on volume...????

Erson Cam: Intake 312/504 Exhaust 320/517 110+4 Gross Lift: Intake 335/248 @.050 Exhaust 345/256 @.050

Timing is locked out for now at 32* w/10* start retard, the MSD E-Curve works flawlessly and not a hint of detonation on 93 pump swill with zero load of course.....will it live on 93 on the street....?????

Keep in mind the 64 Valiant will probably end up weighing at close to 3000# 4-speed and 3,23's w/27" tires
1343795-scratchchin.gif

Engine builder seems to feel it will be A/OK.....what are your thoughts ??????

Ok.....here's a short video....don't expect much....lol It's running pig rich....need to install a regulator as the pressure is at 9lbs and the AVS's like 5.5 - 6lbs max.

Rickster

No video yet, But I can say and see that that early A is going to see air and fly like an eagle !!

That sounds awesome....it's gonna be a beast in that car. Gotta love a beer in one hand and hittin the throttle with the other.

Seen it :shaking2: Man that engine sounds great :happy7::happy7: Cheers back at yea Rickster and congratulations :eek:ccasion:
That is a very nice engine start and run stand you have there
I see a cool old Dodge truck in the street :love4:
That was to kewl to see and hear this morning Rick!!!!!

That is a picture of satisfaction right there.. love that test stand. Did you fab that up?

Grant

Looks and sounds great . Great stand test bench you built there . Great setup

Thanks to all for the props....!!!!! I'm pretty stoked :toothy7:for those that haven't figured the video part out.....just click on the image and it will take you straight to it :eek:ccasion: lol......yes I did build the stand out of some left-over steel we had lying around and the old 84 rat-rod truck out on the street is something my son and I threw together for him.....mild 360/904 combo with some fatties and runs awesome, he loves it and maybe one day we will get the body work done and get her all painted up pudy....but I actually like the rat look...?????

Rickster

You won't really know until you have it under load. My impression is you can do much better than a locked out curve, and it will ping if you'r not spot on with the timing setup and carb tuning.

You won't really know until you have it under load. My impression is you can do much better than a locked out curve, and it will ping if you'r not spot on with the timing setup and carb tuning.

I had it locked out for the start up only.....started at 22* and once broke-in moved it up to 30* and programmed in a 10* start retard in the MSD ECurve Dizzy.......Once in the car I will start to play with either a mech or vac curve or possibly a combination of both.....these ECurve Dizzzy's are awesome :love4:

Rickster

-
Back