Its summer and your ride is on jack stand

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Cause you blew the motor in early spring.

How many here have a nice car stuck in their garage? I am waiting for a crankshaft to be delivered. Some place called DB Schenker flew it in to the local airport on Tuesday and its hasn't moved since. Only 20 miles at the most from my engine shop. I contacted them and they say it be delivered Friday afternoon. Great, I told the shop yesterday they get it anytime:bootysha:

Yep, she's stuck up on jack stands here too. Got a new exhaust, now I'm waiting for new motor mounts because the exhaust doesn't clear anything. I thought I'd be done by yesterday! Unfortunately I'm running out of time to get this done before I'm out of town and then I come back and have to get it ready for the power tour, so here's to hoping for fewer frustrations down the line!

Not on jack stands but has been in pieces for about 8 months. Just started putting it back together. Taking a break from Frankenharness at the moment. Dash and windshield are back in though.

Not as bad off as you, but I tore the interior out of the Cuda for new paint, and the paint was suddenly "unavailable"..........it's been sitting there apart for a week.......Then I ordered a period correct NOS Craig 8 track radio for it, still factory sealed, and wouldn't you know it.....it was defective from the factory.......entire right channel out......needless to say, we won't be sending it in for warranty service..........wires all over the place, dash apart.........

......what a mess........

But I'm thankful that the old 273 is still running good.......I hope your motor problems get fixed fast so you can cruise her for the summer. Good Luck! 8)

Not on jack stands here, but I can't work on it because I'm about to move to Dayton, OH. I don't want to tear into a project that I won't be able to finish before I have to move. I'm probably going to move the car to my parents condo, about 3 hours from there, for a few months until I find a house there.

Mines on jacks cuz I blew the rearend BUT if all goes well, it should be back on the road today!

Not as bad off as you, but I tore the interior out of the Cuda for new paint, and the paint was suddenly "unavailable"..........it's been sitting there apart for a week.......Then I ordered a period correct NOS Craig 8 track radio for it, still factory sealed, and wouldn't you know it.....it was defective from the factory.......entire right channel out......needless to say, we won't be sending it in for warranty service..........wires all over the place, dash apart.........

......what a mess........

But I'm thankful that the old 272 is still running good.......I hope your motor problems get fixed fast so you can cruise her for the summer. Good Luck! 8)

I know how you feel, this was my car last year at this time!

n215200221_71367_203897.jpg

dodge freak - Its summer and your ride is on jack stands
How did you know ? LMAO ! Actually, I'm starting to make some progress.Finally got the guts to do the front floor pans,that hung me up for a while .I'm aiming for the end of summer now.I wanna drive this thing !:burnout:

Well cause there is no motor in the bay I might as well clean it up. Not like very much fun. Isn't too bad, only had to break out the scraper once to remove the grease-oil. Waiting for the paint thinner and gasoline to dry--hate cleaning with gas but paint thinner is like $10 a gallon now. Total rip off, oil prices came down but paint thinner prices never did.

Guess I get some black paint for the frame at Auto Zone, I like the brake paint they sell, maybe it still has lead in it?

I'm glad mine is up on jack stands, cause that means I am actually attempting to get some work done on it. Plus it's better than sitting on four flats!

on stands one for only 1more summer i hope and got another in a trailer that broke at the track last year and cant find the time to pull it out of the trailer and work on it. You either have no money and plenty of time or plenty of money and no time. SO I GOT 2 ON STANDS FML

Yep, I'm there with ya' within a month I hope. Mike

100_4776.jpg

Jack stands, new rear, coil overs, drive shaft and some other stuff, but who cares summer don't get to where I live till Nov.

Yep... having driving withdrawal. Engine at machine shop, order in for new 68 dashpad, transmission being rebuilt, interior slowly going back in.

Well got mine off the stands about 2 weeks ago. Pulled the 7 1/4 rear, replaced it with a 8 1/4. Drive shaft cut and installed. Also pulled seats for new carpet. Now I just need to get the front clip back on the car to drive this summer. Hope to have that done by the end of March, then April, well now the of of MAy. OK maybe by the end of summer I will have it back on the road

My motor is taking so darn long cause the first shop was just jaking up the bill. I pulled out at $230 cause I seen the BS coming. Now this shop isn't very pleased with me but understands I don't want to buy a $700 forged crank so I am waiting for an old factory crank to get delivered.

He like some type of H bearings but hey if they aren't in stock next week I am getting something that is. No more delays is my goal for now.

I'm really gonna hate summer. I'm still taking my car apart! I have more time than money!

At least you're still in the process of teardown. Mine got rolled off the patio (using it as a carport over the winter) and into the garage. Been too busy tearing down that '57 finned car to come home and want to teardown my own. This weekend? Already booked. Next week? Don't know yet. Already told the wife leave me alone for a weekend so I can start teardown!

I'm getting used to it, I'll be too big to get in when its done.

Wow!! I don't feel so bad now. Rear end is completely gone and the front brakes are partially disassembled. I am having a Dana built, as soon as I figure out which kid to sell. I have a complete 4 wheel disc brake kit to install. Then I get to pick out my new wheels and tires. Hopefully, it will be back on the road by the end of the summer. Now where are those kids hiding?!?

Mine is a roller, now time to get going and hopefully get it to paint later in the summer, have to install the passenger side inner fender, remove/replace the driver's side inner fender, pull the k-frame, clean it up, paint it, change from the sbp drum brakes to the lb disc setup, paint the frame, re-install k-frame with updates, do the dash, clear all out from the inside, do all the body work(99% sanding, not much repair, more prep, fix the trunk extensions, and off to paint she'll go, and the motor will go to the builder near the same time. the seats must go out for re-do, have to procure door panels, rear side panels, get them into the proper color to match whatever I have done to the seats, sheesh, busy summer ahead of me

FF

Don't even remind me lol....Im still in the middle of my resto and I will be lucky to have it "done" by august or september.....what do you know.....just in time to park it for michigan winter!](*,)

DSCI1104.jpg

-
Back