I've been a busy boy, Lotsa pics.

-
I really need to get some high back, reclining seats in this thing though.

These stock ones kill my friggin back and I hate that they don't recline and do not have any head support if I were to get rear ended.

I'm kicking around the idea of trading these factory front seats for a set of high back racing seats with seat belt provisions in the seat back.

I may even just sell these outright and put that money on a set of aftermarket seats.

These are the original seats but they were recovered by hand vith vinyl in the identical original pattern.

I put a set of seats from a Sebring in mine.

Wow such talent. Super clean and great ideas. absolutely love it. Thanks for the look into your project

Your car looks awesome Spaz!! You should be proud of all of your hard work.

I've been wanting to build a console for my Dart, and you may have just provided me with the motivation I needed. One question. How much did the local upholstery shop charge you to cover the console?

Spaz!!

Man I don't know about that console..... to me it robs the glory away from the pistol grip shifter and four speed look.... looks automaticish....lol

Car sounds good.

Oh yeah keep us posted on how the 3:91 feel.

I vote this as the best build thread ever. As far as the car goes, how many magazines do you think it will it be in?

Well, I'm late to this, but that console is really really sweet. Great job!:cheers:

Good work, Spaz. You didn't like the 3.91, hey? I thought they were a great street gear, as long as you only go 65 on the Interstate. It depends on what you really want do with your car, though. If you're doing the "pro touring" thing, then 3.55 or even the 3.23 is nice. Or hell, go with a five speed and get the best of both worlds.

Do you have steel or aluminum firewalling separating the trunk from the passenger compartment? It becomes an issue if you want to race.

Your car looks awesome Spaz!! You should be proud of all of your hard work.

I've been wanting to build a console for my Dart, and you may have just provided me with the motivation I needed. One question. How much did the local upholstery shop charge you to cover the console?

$125.00.. not bad eh?

Spaz!!

Man I don't know about that console..... to me it robs the glory away from the pistol grip shifter and four speed look.... looks automaticish....lol

Car sounds good.

Oh yeah keep us posted on how the 3:91 feel.

Oh, you know you will build one just like it in a week..LOL.:toothy8:

Dude, the 3.91's are killer, I love them and it makes for some killer whole shots...finally. For some reason the 3.23's would not let me boil the tires but the 3.91's sure do...just a little rough on the highway.

I need to get some video of a killer burnout like the one I laid in front of my Mother in Law's house the other day...ha, ha.

Good work, Spaz. You didn't like the 3.91, hey? I thought they were a great street gear, as long as you only go 65 on the Interstate. It depends on what you really want do with your car, though. If you're doing the "pro touring" thing, then 3.55 or even the 3.23 is nice. Or hell, go with a five speed and get the best of both worlds.

Do you have steel or aluminum firewalling separating the trunk from the passenger compartment? It becomes an issue if you want to race.

I'm gonna build a 3.73 unit and see how that feels and keep my 3.23's if I ever need a long trip.

Five speed would be real nice, just can't afford one right now.

No firewall as of yet.
As far as racing, I don't have time nor the money.

I vote this as the best build thread ever. As far as the car goes, how many magazines do you think it will it be in?

Dude, I don't know about that especially as low buck as it is, but just goes to show how someone with limited funds can take their time adding one part at a time until the plan comes together.
Plus it helps to have some sick friends experienced in Mopar to help guide the project along.
FABO has been very helpful in that area as well.

It's made it in a few readers ride kinda areas in different mags, but it was still a work in progress but one guy who has been writing car articles for years and lived in Detroit during the muscle car hey day discovered the car and really liked it so there should be a big surprise come this July.
He's met with Sox and martin and alot of the other racers back in the day and really writes some exciting Mopar articles and kill stories from his younger days.
He won't let me preview the article but he says I will love it.

Wish I had the console in while he took the pics.

Oh, you know you will build one just like it in a week..LOL.:toothy8:

Dude, the 3.91's are killer, I love them and it makes for some killer whole shots...finally. For some reason the 3.23's would not let me boil the tires but the 3.91's sure do...just a little rough on the highway.

I need to get some video of a killer burnout like the one I laid in front of my Mother in Law's house the other day...ha, ha.

That would be a good way in breaking in my new Dewalt table saw. lol

Nahh.. I hated to buy that table saw but I just got tired of not having one. I've got everything else hands tools, etc...

I have the 3:55 gears so I was wondering what the 3:91 would be like. I don't think I would feel enough difference if I went 3:73 to justify the cost.

That would be a good way in breaking in my new Dewalt table saw. lol

Nahh.. I hated to buy that table saw but I just got tired of not having one. I've got everything else hands tools, etc...

I have the 3:55 gears so I was wondering what the 3:91 would be like. I don't think I would feel enough difference if I went 3:73 to justify the cost.

Dewalt 12" compound miter saw.....:prayer:
Nothing like cutting through 6x6's like butter with a compound miter saw.
Yeah, everyone needs a good table saw as well.
I used a hand circular saw and a jigsaw to build the console....really wish I had table and compound miter for the job.

I think you would notice a difference with the 3.73's opposed to the 3.55's, but yeah 3.91's would be a nice jump.

Dewalt 12" compound miter saw.....:prayer:
Nothing like cutting through 6x6's like butter with a compound miter saw.
Yeah, everyone needs a good table saw as well.
I used a hand circular saw and a jigsaw to build the console....really wish I had table and compound miter for the job.

I think you would notice a difference with the 3.73's opposed to the 3.55's, but yeah 3.91's would be a nice jump.

Yeah that one high end Dewalt miter saw is very nice. It will make a straight cut 16" wide and 14" with the saw on a angle but it is 600 something dollars! Geez that table saw I got cost $502!

If I didn't do any interstate driving I would install 4:10 gears, drive shaft loop, and nice sticky drag/street radials on the rear. Front wheels off the ground.... maybe? LOL!

Yeah that one high end Dewalt miter saw is very nice. It will make a straight cut 16" wide and 14" with the saw on a angle but it is 600 something dollars! Geez that table saw I got cost $502!

If I didn't do any interstate driving I would install 4:10 gears, drive shaft loop, and nice sticky drag/street radials on the rear. Front wheels off the ground.... maybe? LOL!

Yeah, I'm borrowing my buddy's high dollar dewalt saw as we speak.

4.10's would be sick but you'd be revvin all the time, and yeah probably at least lift the drivers wheel...at least.

I think I lifted mine the other day but I can't prove it.

I sorta have a driveshaft loop....it's called an X pipe.:smilebox:

Been kicking around the idea of building a few of these custom consoles for FABO members.

You build the cardboard mock up, and as BonQuiQui says....don't get crazayyyy, and I will transfer that to a finished product.

Don't know how to charge for such an item with all the labor hours involved but may be better off trading for something cool you might have.

With a roll pin.

Update, 4.10 gears installed.

New wheels coming this spring, MSD atomic coming.

If that doesent work out well I'm gonna sell the small block and build a big block.

-
Back