I've only seen this once before

-

furydan

not so junior member
Reaction score
I found an ad for this rear molding for an early barracuda. I have only seen this once before and it was on a 65 barracuda.Honestly I thought it was a rocker molding cut down to fit between the taillights.
I am guessing it was an optional trim piece?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqRHJCgE-elhM7NmBPsFkpf6(w~~60_12.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 616
do you think it was ever an option an a barracuda? Or just on a valiant?
I would think a barracuda had it also because the two are the same below the hatch/trunk :glasses7:

I guess it wasn't a very popular option. I thought it looked neat on the car I saw one on, but the more I looked at it, I wasn't sure if I liked it.
Oh well, I just thought it was an interesting piece.

It is a Valiant trim moulding, never seen one on a Barracuda before but it would fit. I seen one on eBay where the seller had "Barracuda" in his ad, probably to get more attention.

BTW, were you happy with the tachometer bezel?

It is a Valiant trim moulding, never seen one on a Barracuda before but it would fit. I seen one on eBay where the seller had "Barracuda" in his ad, probably to get more attention.

BTW, were you happy with the tachometer bezel?

The tach bezel looks great...Now to find a tach that fits. My wifes car has the factory tach. I love the looks of them. I will find one somewhere.
I have a Stewart Warner tach that i thought would fit the bezel, but it is too big. Keep on looking..One day I'll hit.

Super Sun Tach 2 fits in the stock "S" bezel, tone down the multi colored face and it looks stock to everyone but us in the know. I thought that original 6K tach was a joke, I would bounce the needle off the stops revving it up.

Brochure pic....
3.jpg

Part of the V-200 trim
1965_valiant__01.jpg

Super Sun Tach 2 fits in the stock "S" bezel, tone down the multi colored face and it looks stock to everyone but us in the know. I thought that original 6K tach was a joke, I would bounce the needle off the stops revving it up.

Thanks for the input on the tach...I will look for one of those...
I still gotta cut the dash....oh boy....
At least I can look at our s car for a template.it has the tach.

I found an ad for this rear molding for an early barracuda. I have only seen this once before and it was on a 65 barracuda.Honestly I thought it was a rocker molding cut down to fit between the taillights.
I am guessing it was an optional trim piece?

I wonder if maybe it was a '64? anyone with a '64?

The 65 Signet convertible I parted out had that rear trim piece. I've got a bunch of 65 Plymouth literature and nowhere in the Barracuda line does it show or mention that trim piece as an option. Would look good there though.

That piece fits nicely on the back of my 65 barracuda formula S.....It would fit any of the 64-66 cudas as they are really all the same size shape ect. I see no reason it would not fit other a bodys of those years as they also had similar fit and trim....but for sure barracuda piece!!!

Here's a picture of the molding on a 1965 Barracuda. I think the owner added it themselves. Does look good though. Matches the rocker panel trim.

Cudatrim.png

My 63 Valiant vert has it as well. It is a Signet 200 if that helps.

My 65 Signet had one. It was not a V200 either.

-
Back