J heads

-

713404spd

Reaction score
ok I have an oppertunity to buy a set of 340 j heads. They have been checked and they are good but they need to be reworked. What would be a fair price on these? I think I can get them for 2 or 250. Thankyou

2.02 or 1.88's. The price is about right.

idk war size valves.. It's kinda just a helping a buddy out deal. And getting something good in return

I get $250 a pair for mine in the same condition....
Thanks, Mark

$250 for J heads that need to be reworked???

I got about 5 set for sale then......

I would not pay more then 100 bucks for cores....

$250 for J heads that need to be reworked???

I got about 5 set for sale then......

I would not pay more then 100 bucks for cores....

I can't seem to ever get much over $100 per set either. The cost of reworking them is generally as much, or close to a brand new set of RHS heads.

i paid $100 for a set that needs to be redone, to me i'd rather start with 1.88 valve heads and add hi flow 2.02's to keep the valve hi in the seat, some of these old 2.02 heads have had 3 or 4 valve jobs with the valve sunk into the head.

Hummmm, reworked for performance or rebuilt for use. The fellas make a very good point. Perhaps I miss understood where the heads stand?
Are they bolt on and go?
Do they need to be assembled and then there good to go?
Or are they in need of a cleaning & rebuild?

If they need the last choice, then I'm so with the fellas here.
If there stock, bolt on and go, then IMO, the price is good.

the heads need to be cleaned and rebuilt. I'll try to negotiate a cheaper price but more than likely I won't end up with them. Thank y'all for all the help.

Just keep in mind that I had over a grand into a set of 906 heads and that didn't include the cost of the heads themselves. Then they leaked and had to be epoxied (add a little more money) I had my builder use the MPP/DC port templates.

Bottom line here is price yourself a good set of aftermarket compete heads, iron or aluminum and compare. I ended up selling my 906's and now have a set or ported and blueprinted eddy's.

-
Back