James's 1970 Dodge Dart build.

-
Just looked at this thread for like the third time, this is such a great build.
You obviously have some very good fabricating/welding skills.
I think you should build a few of those subframe connectors and offer em up for sale I think those are about the best ones I've seen so far .
Although the only thing I like better about some of the other homemade ones is that they tuck under the floorboards so no cutting is involved.
Keep up the good work ! :cheers:

First, thank you all for the compliments. It helps me get through the lonely/time consuming build, and that I'm not alone. I have spent so much, it's ridiculous, and when I see that I'll still have to throw a whole lot more money on body, paint and interior, it kinda gets me down, makes me second guess myself if I should continue to throw money at it...I see other people's cars and I wonder how nice they get it like that, and how they reach that final stage of completeness...seems so far away for me...anyways, back on subject...

Badart, I had my dana 60 built at 49 5/8" in length. The wheels in the pic are 15x10 with a 3.75 backspace, bfg 295/50/15. However, I am not going to use those wheels anymore, I decided to use 17's instead. i had to have them custom made at 17x11 with 4.25 backspace. I am using nitto 555 315/35/17...

Hey kee your chin up! Your doing so well...You will have a one of a kind unique vehicle that cant be bought elsewhere,and it will be done to your exact taste. Even if you spend 20 grand building it,keep in mind that you cant get this off a carlot for 40 grand.

You have waited a long time and that shows dedication.To come home after Iraq and do what you have done almost defies words. And I see a lot of skill in what you have done too! If I lived close to you I would help so much you'd be sick of seeing me,lol...

Come here when you need a boost. This sight and it's folks are awesome and can really pick you up. They have helped me enormously!

I've been waiting 15 years and now struggle with M.S in addition to funding issues like everone else. If I can do it,you sure as heck can!

First of all, thank you for your service.
You've selected a great bunch of components and looks like you're well on your way to great finished product. It's easy to see a lot of planning went into your build.
You're gonna love the handling from the RMS AlterKtion and Street Lynx suspension. Our club built a '68 Valiant as our 2008 charity raffle car and that car handled like a slot car.
Keep on with the very nice work and more pics!!!

Awesome build. Great work. Terrific welding skills. You do more in a day than I get done in a year! I salute you. :salute: Keep the pics coming. I gotta subscribe to this thread.

I'll be waiting to see what hydraulic clutch kit you went with for the A-833 and how the install goes. That's one upgrade I want for my Demon.

I hear you on the money spent. That's probably why I haven't done much to my Demon in 9 years. I'm just a cheap b@$t@rd. I'd like to totally change my Demon and make it handle instead of running the 1/4 only. But it'll cost some $$$.

Good luck. I can't wait for more pics. Great thread.

Wylde1.

HPIM0437.jpg

Awesome build. Great work. Terrific welding skills. You do more in a day than I get done in a year! I salute you. :salute: Keep the pics coming. I gotta subscribe to this thread.

I'll be waiting to see what hydraulic clutch kit you went with for the A-833 and how the install goes. That's one upgrade I want for my Demon.

I hear you on the money spent. That's probably why I haven't done much to my Demon in 9 years. I'm just a cheap b@$t@rd. I'd like to totally change my Demon and make it handle instead of running the 1/4 only. But it'll cost some $$$.

Wylde1.

Thanks. My friend is doing all the welding. He is teaching me to weld at the same time, and I'm getting pretty good at it, but nothing close to his. lol.

Hey hows it coming? Any updates?

Hello, no updates yet. Progress has slowed down a little bit. I'm going to my buddies house (where the dart is at) next week to work on it. We are going to plug all the holes in the firewall/engine compartment, for a nice clean look. I'll post pics of that soon. Thanks for asking though!

-James

Keep Up The Excellent Work .it Will Be A Real Beaut. When Shes Done.i Have Been At Mine For 4 Years Now And Wondering If It Will Ever Be Ready To Drive.next Summer Hopefully.anyway Great Build!!

Great looking build. You guys are doing a awesome job.
I will be checking in on this build.
I just finished building a 70 Dart (Are they ever finished ?)lol
Here are a couple pics.
Take care !

faucet pics 1135.jpg

faucet pics 1139.jpg

faucet pics 1141.jpg

Man that is some serious progress. Great job, looks like a great project. Keep up the work and the pics. Good info

That thing is bad *** I could use some of your fabrication expertise. . .I'm right up the road from you in san jose. Can't wait to her on the road great work

Great looking build. You guys are doing a awesome job.
I will be checking in on this build.
I just finished building a 70 Dart (Are they ever finished ?)lol
Here are a couple pics.
Take care !

That is a VERY nice dart. Thanks for sharing, gives me inspiration to know that other people can get their projects done... lol

Wylde1.

Hey Wilde1! Nice Demon,and is that yours?

Hey Wilde1! Nice Demon,and is that yours?

Not to hijack the thread, yes it's mine. Have had it for 9 years and haven't done much to it. Hopefully I can get it to the track next year and get some times (this year was a bust - either too much rain or I was working too much). I'm in limbo with it. Do I keep it add fuel injection, a 5-speed stick, a/c and then make it handle? Do I keep it race and add a blown HEMI to it? Or do I dump it and get the '70 Charger, '70 Challenger or '71 Cuda I've been lusting after forever?

Anyhow, I'm digging this thread and all the serious mods. Great job.

Wylde1.

Not to hijack the thread, yes it's mine. Have had it for 9 years and haven't done much to it. Hopefully I can get it to the track next year and get some times (this year was a bust - either too much rain or I was working too much). I'm in limbo with it. Do I keep it add fuel injection, a 5-speed stick, a/c and then make it handle? Do I keep it race and add a blown HEMI to it? Or do I dump it and get the '70 Charger, '70 Challenger or '71 Cuda I've been lusting after forever?

Anyhow, I'm digging this thread and all the serious mods. Great job.

Wylde1.

Ya me too! Love this thread and your rapid progress is inspiring. And sorry for hijacking mopardude..

Im reminded of young Aarron's (slantscamp) build and pace. He sure whipped up a storm with the pace and the results were excellent.

Keep us posted! Im really enjoying this thread,so thanks very much for sharing and taking the time to shoot so many pics for us.

i just read through this whole thread and all i have to say is amamzing, ur craftmanship is awesome, and u work so fast! great job, two thumbs up!:thumbup::thumleft:

just subscribing for updates.

great build going on, have you got the rear wheels and tyres yet? im looking to do something similar on a 68 and was wondering if i could squeeze the 315/35x17s with a spring relocation kit and mini tub to the frame rail

Amazing...just amazing.

I too am interested in the heater / defroster. Where did ya buy it from ? The top with windshield wiper motor was great as well.

I will be watching with the others..

And Wylde1, if you were going to move, I would go with a 69 Charger R/T..I actually have been thinking about one myself...that is, after the kids Duster is finished..

Grassy

Welcome home. Look forward to seeing that Dart at Springfling.

-
Back