jeep liberty 8 1/4" rear end under a 62 valiant?

-

nevjr

Reaction score
i got a 1962 valiant that will be needing a new rear end, i notice that the jeep liberty had an 8 1/4" that might fit, i want to just cut off the spring mounts and weld my spring mounts on, is this possible? does it fit with wise? i will be getting the drive shaft made and new front brakes and MC to go with the factory jeep drums

bolt pattern will prob be wrong, not sure. width is a concern of course. I would be interested if this works out.

1st gen Liberty is the good old Mopar 5X4.5" bolt circle along with the same center register. There is a problem trying to run the aluminum Jeep rims on the front of an old Mopar due to the hub. It depends on the wheel, but it usually involves trimming the spindle threads off to the end of the spindle and making them flush with the spindle nut. After the spindle is trimmed, installing a "short" dust cap usually completes the modification. Sometimes the back of the snap in wheel center needs a little trimming.

early Jeep libs should be 5x4.5. the track is 59.7". Not sure what the 62 would be....
What is the drum to drum on the liberty?

1st gen Liberty is the good old Mopar 5X4.5" bolt circle along with the same center register. There is a problem trying to run the aluminum Jeep rims on the front of an old Mopar due to the hub. It depends on the wheel, but it usually involves trimming the spindle threads off to the end of the spindle and making them flush with the spindle nut. After the spindle is trimmed, installing a "short" dust cap usually completes the modification. Sometimes the back of the snap in wheel center needs a little trimming.

i will be using newer aftermarket wheels, i chose the liberty because it seemed narrow and had the right bolt pattern, and the gear set i want. the biggest problem is i dont know if width is too far out to work.

if anyone had one to measure, i could measure my 7 1/4"

-
Back