Jeg Coughlin JR 10' Challenger drag pak

-
Do you even like Mopars stroked340 or are you just on here to ruin my threads?

My car...nuff said..

DSCF0101.jpg

Belongs to a friend ran this weekend world record in this class 11.00 I see a world record in his future. He ran faster than that but I can't remember if it was 10.98 or 10.88 he broke out in round one.

Cajun Sport Nationals 012rev.JPG

Cajun Sport Nationals 004rev.JPG

Dude, the new Challenger is ugly???? What DO you like????

If i was in the market for a new car i'd be getting the mustang g.t.......

Jeggie is what you call a "driver"..he'll race anything mopar,chevy.pontiac ect..:thumbup::thumbup:...but those challengers are ugly no matter what color you spray them.....

What you mean "Ugly". It is a BEAUTIFUL tribute to the original....The '10 mustang is UGLY....But I'd have it waaaay before I'd buy that thing they call a camaro....Jegs car does look like a taxi, tho.

I agree..the challenger is ugly..and it has the wrong name..it should have been the charger..it is still a barge..and the 2010 mustang is just wrong..

That is why I drive An 07 Mustang GT..and my kids drive a Classic MOPAR..

i think the new challengers are pretty damn ugly myself.....and 40k for a drag pack car, that if memory serves me right, does not run? no trans/cage/rear axle etc? so what are you looking at 80-90k to get a raceacle car?

Mopar340dave,

Actually ,I do :toothy10::toothy10: I voted with my money...no stronger vote than that and I wear a black jacket with a mustang on the back with the following words around it..Nova Scotia Mustang club and my on the arm..I have a couple of mustang shirts as well :)

However, if the new Challenger floats you boat, great. Hope this helps Chrysler out...

Unfortunately, Chrysler was too late getting it on the market and quite frankly, made it too expensive. You can get a new mustang for under 20K and you can spend over 100K and anywhere in between and they all look somewhat the same..and with the 05 to 09, they got the look right....I think it was Mr. Norm who was able to fix the look of the challenger..and how many of us can spend that kind of money ?

One of the other problems has been the aftermarket..don't know about now since I only look at old mopar but there was little aftermarket when I bought.

Cheers,
ian.

Well, I'm thinkin you can put one hell of a tranny, rear end, etc for the other $40.000.
and the mustang price has not reached the reserve yet

Only thing that I have to say is. WHY DO YOU WANNA HELP OUT CHRYSLER WHEN THEY ARE REALLY MERCEDES NOW?! seriously, I know it can be about names but realize the company that made the cars we all love here was bought out by mercedes as their "budget" cars and with the plans to turn the majority of the cars into FWD platforms.

that and you are buying from a luxury car company. that means luxury car parts price

Butttt, Ford is just shear junk. I have never liked anything they made. Except some of the older 'stangs. Its nothing but built to break junk crammed under the hood

Mopar340dave,

After looking at your avatar, I take that as a compliment !

The Mustang '05 to '09 convertible has the highest crash rating for all converts..

Rather than supporting one car company, I support several ! ..and I don't expect everyone to agree with me nor do I crap on those that don't..last time I checked, it is still a free country..

Cheers

DarTT, turn on the TV, do a web search....Chrysler LLC is no longer involved with Mercedes. I guess you missed that.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and when you come onto a board called "For A Bodies Only" and talk smack about Mopar products what more would you expect?

As far as your opinion goes, Grassy, I feel it's a joke. Can you point to any sytyling cues that would support your contenetion that "the new Challenger should have been called the Charger? Of course not. The statement is absurd. At least the Challenger looks like a Challenger. Exactly? no. It's a new car he new Charger? I agree, they could have done more. It looks far more like an Aussie Charger form back in the day or like a 66 a bit, but not very much like the 68 through 70 that were the most popular years.

So whatever, you post your opinion, if people don't agree they post back. You are not new to this forum stuff so I thought you may have already picked up on these things.

I will not be happy with Chrysler LLC til they make a new Superbird! XD

Just kidding. Sorry, I didnt know that. Very sorry. I plead ignorance and stupidity

If I understand it correctly, Fiat paid many millions to get in the club and they are now already talkin tech exchange. How about a cylinder head that uses severe varations in valve movement through electro hydraulic control and incorporates no throttle blades and direct combustion chamber fuel injection. Pretty wild stuff, to say the least.
Mopar has already started major production and severe durabilbty testing of the new Pentastar V-6 3.6l. Quad cam, VVT, around 280hp and similar torque with lower MPG and emmisions. I'm looking forward to it.

The Pentastar uses conventional dual over head cams with electronic computer controlled cam phazing and conventional butterfly equipped throuttle body.

The Fiat has no "throttle body".....no throttle! It uses the length of time and distance of valve opening to control throttle function which reduces pumping losses by at least 10%! That's pretty friggin cool, if ya ask me.

Mopar340dave,

"and I don't expect everyone to agree with me nor do I crap on those that don't"

This is a forum for expressing opinions..heck, I don't even like the 2010 Mustang!

In reference to the new challenger.....I am new to the MOPAR World......however, if someone asked me to name the best known Mopar, I would have said Charger. The new Charger is a 4 door sedan with variants.. and that clashes with my , and many other of people I know, with what it used to represent.

I thought Chrysler could have capitalized that name.

"As far as your opinion goes, Grassy, I feel it's a joke."

Good one. How does one respond to that ? I have no idea.

This is a public forum and I agree with many who wrote in.. I guess "your" opinion of them is the same..Too bad, I like discussing things..

If the moderator says my opinions are too far off the spirit of this board, I will stop giving my opinions when other folks post as ask for comment.

Gotta go to work on our Duster..
Grassy

Grassy, is that supposed to be a quote from me up there?
"and I don't expect everyone to agree with me nor do I crap on those that don't"<<<<<<this crap?
I did not say that, but while you're talking quotes, "After looking at your avatar, I take that as a compliment", you did say that about my avatar...correct?
Alrighty then, I guess you are a self-described "gay terrorist sympathizer". Now THAT'S funny! LOL

Do me a favor Grassy, show me where I said you couldn't post! If you read why I said your opinion was a joke....you know..behind your editing....you'll see that I have already told you why. It's not that big a deal. look at the two cars. What old car do each of them look like? I don't think it even takes a car guy to see the resemblance between the new and old Challenger....my dog can probably see it! LOL

Grassy, is that supposed to be a quote from me up there?

Actually, that one is from my previous post. Please go back in this post and read..

I guess you are a self-described "gay terrorist sympathizer".
So do you usually call people names when discussing a subject. Really, how old are you ???

see the resemblance between the new and old Challenger....my dog can probably see it! LOL
I suspect that he can...however, I was not talking about styling cues..I was talking about cashing in on a name..please read my posts again or have you dog do it since he sounds quite intelligent.

If you want to continue this conversation in an intelligent manner, stop the name calling..unless name calling is all you can do. This is a FAMILY board..unless this how you teach your kids to act.

Grassy.

<<<<my avatar

and your post below referring to it. What else should I think? LOL

Quit cryin!:bootysha:

Mopar340dave,

After looking at your avatar, I take that as a compliment !

The Mustang '05 to '09 convertible has the highest crash rating for all converts..

Rather than supporting one car company, I support several ! ..and I don't expect everyone to agree with me nor do I crap on those that don't..last time I checked, it is still a free country..

Cheers

-
Back