Jet hot warranty

-

Outasite

Reaction score
Anyone ever collected on the lifetime warranty on their header coating?
I had mine done around twenty years ago and there getting a little nasty.Just wonder if they use name,phone#,address,or if you need the original receipt.

Try polishing them up with anti-sieze and a heavy terrycloth towel section, to clean them up.

It works nice on Chrome Headers with a few flaws, should work on the Jet Hot ceramic finishes too.

20 years is a lot of time to have the elements sitting on those ceramic finishes. Have to take care of them and wax them up once in a while.

Just like a very light rubbing compound on your 20 year old paint job to clean it up and make it shine again.

☆☆☆☆☆

Here is a good Product from Summit Racing to clean up Ceramic Coated Headers.

Screenshot_20230617-214038_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230617-214056_Firefox.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Thanks for the reply.I’ve read about the ceramic cleaners.I’ll give it a try if all else fails.Not wanting to spend another $350/$400 for a recoat.The engine bay side looks pretty good,the part in the fenderwell not so much.

I used to work for HPC/JetHot here in Burlington NC nearly 20yrs ago. Last pair of headers I had done was 3yrs ago, and it’s not cheap. I have heard that they don’t warranty the coatings as generously as the used to do. Give them a call and ask, but don’t get too excited.

QC Coatings in Shelby Twp. Mi.
They stand behind all their work.

I had mine done around twenty years ago and there getting a little nasty.Just wonder if they use name,phone#,address,or if you need the original receipt.

Did you do your part and do any maintenance (cleaning, proper storage) over the years.

Yes and yes! Ive owned my car for fifty three years.Can’t remember it ever seeing rain. When I had the coating done there was no such thing that I recall for cleaning ceramic coating.These are Hedman fenderwells.The under hood looks good,the coating is mostly chipped off,from sand and gravel and starting to rust in the fenderwell.probably will just get a can of brush on and touch up.

Fow what it's worth, they took good care of me. Hopefully they are still around. They coated a pair of headers for me in about 1997. In about 2014, they were looking a little rough, so I called them up and asked them about their warranty. They said they wanted a number they engraved on the inside of one of the flanges. The number was there, they said it was their number and I mailed them in. They re-did them for free and even paid return postage. Good luck.

Fow what it's worth, they took good care of me. Hopefully they are still around. They coated a pair of headers for me in about 1997. In about 2014, they were looking a little rough, so I called them up and asked them about their warranty. They said they wanted a number they engraved on the inside of one of the flanges. The number was there, they said it was their number and I mailed them in. They re-did them for free and even paid return postage. Good luck
Thanks a lot! That is the info I was needing.I was going to call them today,but for some reason decided to wait till tomorrow.Glad I did.Will look for my number tomorrow.

I just had my headers coated by them about a month ago. Super friendly and helpful people. They know they are charging you for a premium product and give you the support to match the price. If I recall correctly the Lifetime Warranty is they will cover the coating 100% (minus shipping) for the first 2 or 3 years and then any time after that its 50% of the cost of the coating. My headers actually showed up with some flaking around the bolt holes on the flanges. They emailed me a shipping label and when they didn't them in the mail the next day they texted me to make sure I received it since they didnt see the tracking number go live. I got the headers in the mail Tuesday and had them back Saturday. Again, you're paying more than doing them yourself with a rattle can BUT they stand behind their stuff and were great to deal with.

Have you called Jet Hot? That would be my first move instead of askin on a forum.

I just had my headers coated by them about a month ago. Super friendly and helpful people. They know they are charging you for a premium product and give you the support to match the price. If I recall correctly the Lifetime Warranty is they will cover the coating 100% (minus shipping) for the first 2 or 3 years and then any time after that its 50% of the cost of the coating. My headers actually showed up with some flaking around the bolt holes on the flanges. They emailed me a shipping label and when they didn't them in the mail the next day they texted me to make sure I received it since they didnt see the tracking number go live. I got the headers in the mail Tuesday and had them back Saturday. Again, you're paying more than doing them yourself with a rattle can BUT they stand behind their stuff and were great to deal with.
Thanks for the update, spoke with a very, very friendly lady Thursday,she started a warranty claim. Problem is mine were done around 1995.Going to take some searching to find my invoice.Time will tell.

I sent mine back to JetHot 2 yers ago and had them recounted for free! Warranty honored.

I had 3 sets done , 1• I sold the car w/in the first yr & were fine - 2 • I sold the headers before using ,bc I had back surgery and needed money(yeah, I took a beating $$) - LOL 3 • car sat for yrs (20+) after a piston cracked in less than 1 mile, engine had been sitting in a garage, it turned over but I quickly found the rings were locked in the grooves, all the coating peeled off that set, just sitting around ! 1 out of the 3 sets I can make an opinion - I loved the idea , brand new Hedman pipes coated inside/out - Ceramic Coating I my thinking - maybe nieve but thought would hold up laying under water , nothing is perfect I know , man, they looked fantastic when I got them out of that box - I wish you the best -

Did the jet hot route on a pair of headers some years ago, the coating was garbage. Sent them back to jet hot, the headers were recoated and returned with a note stated warranty is over.
jet hot ......LAST CHOICE

-
Back