JJ the Boss gets another A-body

-
I’d have to see more than a red car going down an untimed drag strip before I could make any judgement on the car? JJ on the other hand…

It's on the current fastest in america right now. He told shelby to buy it for him...lol...not sure what team it's from

377 inch small block. At least that's what the previous owner had.

With some of the stuff I've seen of them, I'm actually unhappy to see this
What have you seen Of "Them". Even his nova has a Hemi now. I like watching the show for the cars built all over across the States. I think its great to finally see mopars no matter where they show up. Sort a sick of seeing the Fox Bodies , Nova's and Camaro's

Say what you will. The Mopar has been a no go in these. Non existent. It's about time to see them get some showtime. I catch it every once in a while. I will actually watch it more often now, on purpose.

I don't mind JJ, he's just an ole Red Neck racer, but he'll probably destroy that car, like all the rest. He was actually in the area doing some racing and those that met him said he was a down to earth guy and very friendly.

To be a street race hustler,, you have to be a down to earth friendly guy. Otherwise the poor racers you hustle wont be so happy to lose, and pay you off.
To me: arm drop equals cheat/steal/theft. Anybody stupid enough to race by his rules deserves what they get......

To be a street race hustler,, you have to be a down to earth friendly guy. Otherwise the poor racers you hustle wont be so happy to lose, and pay you off.
To me: arm drop equals cheat/steal/theft. Anybody stupid enough to race by his rules deserves what they get......
We use to meet at a local service station. Leave the money in the register with the attendant. He pays the winner determined by a neutral spectator employed at the station. All bets were place there also, Those were the Days. Top Mopar was a 68 Hemi Coronet R/T from Gene & Franks Auto called "Bad News" . GM was a light weight 69 Z28 with a SB tunnel ram. Ford was a 68 428 Cyclone. They were always Big dollar bets To race those cars. I had the Cyclone covered but I would always lose my lunch money to the other 2.

That guy makes me cringe. That makes me want to drive a KIA.
nice car , has potential (looks like he hurt it ), but never cared for him , he would have got his *** stomped in a heartbeat where I grew up , "the way he talks...

They, among others, are keeping the sport alive or added at least added spice IMO in an otherwise slowly dying sport with tracks closing everywhere. That's said, we need PINKS to be reborn even if under a different name.

They, among others, are keeping the sport alive or added at least added spice IMO in an otherwise slowly dying sport with tracks closing everywhere. That's said, we need PINKS to be reborn even if under a different name.
I didn't care for the Pinks "lose the race, lose your ride"bit, but the Pinks All out, i'd do again in a heartbeat.
Edit: I was on my way to what turned out to be the last one, got caught in the rain in a three hour/3a.m. traffic jam (I-10, two of three lanes closed), gave up and went home.
turns out the race went off after all.....

If anyone thinks cheating on a flashlight is hard, arm drop is so much easier to cheat for "your" guy. Thinks signals in baseball for how the drop is going to happen.

If anyone thinks cheating on a flashlight is hard, arm drop is so much easier to cheat for "your" guy. Thinks signals in baseball for how the drop is going to happen.
EXACTLY!!. ( i'm gonna pull him in, then give you three pumps, or five, or seven, then drop my arms immediately! Go on last pump).
Idea being, there's no definitive light is off/light is on to PROVE a jump. Chase is a race just makes it SO MUCH worse.
Cheating other racers, 101.

JJ reminds me a of an old friend 'also named JJ' who was from that area. Sadly he and his buddy were playing with a shotgun after school at the buddies house, sawed off 12g '7th grade' and it of course went off while being pointed near him... blew his lower side out completely. Was on a colostomy bag. Don't think he lived very long.
That's was a terrible launch.
JJ Da SLOTH

-
Back