Job Profession

-

ABodyBetty

Reaction score
I was reading another post and I had mentioned that I was a teacher. The comment was they didn't know I was a teacher. So it made me wonder what everbody else's job profession was.
Yes, I am a 3 to 5 year old teacher/center director, college student, and a aspiring pin-up model (LOL).
I am kind of curious to see what a variety of jobs people have.

I am a bodyman/painter. I have done collision work since I graduated high school in 1986. I have also restored cars and ran my own restoration business. I've restored cars that have been featured in Mopar Muscle, Musclecar Review Magazine and Mustang Monthy.

Full time college student, living off my GI bill and going to reserve drill. Soon to be in the engineering field upon graduation though...

I am an industrial steam boiler builder .I build and plumb the systems that heat water and some buildings with steam heat.

Since the early '90s I was doing body/collision work, a lot of frame straightening. Pop and I owned our own restoration shop, doing everything under the sun: Mopars, Ford, GM, body, mechanical, upholstery. After Pop retired and I shut the doors I got back into collision work, but moved away from it because of the toll it was taking on my body (two bad knees, and a bad elbow) and the burn-out spending 40 hours a week on the frame wrack was causing and went to the dark side: turning a wrench with a specialty in driveability.

Now I'm hoping to move into a service writer's position, but haven't given up on my novel, either.

Former middle school science teacher, now work for a defense contractor as an Instructional Designer, developing training material for the military... yes, worried about my job with the "proposed" budget cuts.

I was in the bicycle business for @ 20 years. Had my own shop but closed after a couple years. Worked alot of hours for little money. Spent 5 years as GM of the local Play It Again Sports franchise. I am now a handy man who takes care of his wife and the pets but can pretty much do anything with my hands mechanically.

i am a project manager/estimator for an industrial insulation contractor have been for a long time.

your already my pin up model Betty sned me some better pic's to hang in the shop lol

Before I retired at 59 I was a Mfg. Engineer. Wrote machine code
for Horizontal and Vertical CNC equipment. Also designed fixtures and
spindle tools for the same machines. Prior to that I wrote code for the
CMM inspection equipment. And finally before the CMM gig I was the
Materials Manager. Thankless job!

I really enjoy what I do now! I'm now 62 and heading into the 2nd half.:-D

I'm an orthotics and prosthetics technician. I make braces and artificial limbs...Dean

I was in IT for over 25 years. Programming, design, analysis, manager, you name it. The company that I worked for closed in 2008, and I have been unable to gete another job in IT because of my age.

Now, I'm back in college, going for a mechanical engineering degree. Why? Because, in my opinion, there's no valid reason we dont have real transformers! - lol

Field Service Eng. Computers/servers/what remains of "mainframes", although that is a bit of a misnomer these days, still some big systems out there, though. Been doing the service thing 32 years.

FF

Well I've been a mechanic, in one form or another since I was 15, actually started on motorcycles. Up till 2 years ago I was a Field Service Engineer for a large gas compressor/turbine manufactorer and travelled all over the world fixing and installing them. Hold my papers as a Mechanical Engineer and also have a Millwright ticket and decided to get off the crazy train and do something different. So after 35 years I semi-retired and became a School Bus driver, I think that qualifies as "somthing different". Tons of time off and knowbody in their right mind argues with 20 tons of attitude.:toothy10:

I'm a jet engine mechanic for F-18's (like the Blue Angels) by trade, but my days of actually turning wrenches are over, now I'm in charge of the Quality Assurance department and make sure everyones doing it correctly and safely.

Full time Wife and Mom.
:love3: :heart::angel1::lovestor:\\:D/:goodman:
Jack of all trades and master of quiet a few.
8) :happy8: :hello2:

Basically semi-retired and currently I own many rental properties. Buy and sell later model cars for a sideline for something else to do.
Been self employed since 1983.
Started a furniture store in 1983. Built new building in 1985.
Decieded to add mattress manufacturing to the furniture store in 1987. Built on the building doubling the square foot. Mattress company got too big too fast and I couldn't handle both businesses so quit the furniture and expanded the mattress plant.
In 1995 I offered the mattress plant to my best employee to manage the production lines. I was going to just do the material ordering and only work part time. He flat turned me down so I sold it and semi-retired. Good thing because I ended up getting seriously hurt in 2004 and would have not been able to take care of it anyway.
I really miss that business.

I was in construction for over 15 yrs until the economy went south and I got laid off. My friend got me a job as a auto glass tech so that's what I am doing now. We replace auto glass in shop as well as mobile. We also do classic auto glass and other glass work also auto painting and upholstery. Right now we have a 54 Chevy truck, 56 Ford truck, and a 65 Chevy truck. The 65 is getting new paint, upholstery, new glass, wheels, etc.... I like working there being around old cars as well as new vehicles.

Mechanical engineer. Wanted to design cars but Detroit is a horrible market to work in, so I do buildings instead. Coming up on 5 yrs.

I'm another pipefitter from PA. We do large commercial buildings in the Philadelphia area. I am also a heavy equipment operator and a Master Plumber

-
Back