Job Profession

-
im a 16 year old student janitor at my highschool ... its money. and full time in the summer. 4 hours after school every day, 3 - 7

I work as an Industrial electrician for a major vinyl sideing company, working with alot of logic controls.Anymore the way the economy is I feel like the Maytag repair man,but who's complaining.

I was reading another post and I had mentioned that I was a teacher. The comment was they didn't know I was a teacher. So it made me wonder what everbody else's job profession was.
Yes, I am a 3 to 5 year old teacher/center director, college student, and a aspiring pin-up model (LOL).
I am kind of curious to see what a variety of jobs people have.

The pin up model comment is worthless without pics. LOL.

Oh, and I fix pieces of crap Mercedes for a living.

Owner operator Trucking business.Was a 5time master mechanic for ford and a light/heavy duty truck mechanic.HAY 72 DUSTYER I bet if you would have known me two years ago you would hated me.I was one of the ones working on I 176 the repaving project:-D.

Golf Professional/Director of Golf at a golf course in Maryland. Been there for 20 years,with 7 more before retirement....

Here's my towboat office. Betty, I used to go by your town on a regular basis when I worked the Ohio, always thought it was a cool place.

jsw_img_1482.jpg

Aircraft inspector and Non Destructive Testing tech in Colorado.

Getting ready to head in for another 16 hour shift shooting X-Rays on a British Aerospace Product.

I love my job, I love My job, I llove my job ........

Railroad signal supervisor and no, I cannot stop the train from blocking the road!

Waiter at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Not a generally well-respected profession I know, but I figure somebody's got to do it. It feels good to help people celebrate special occasions, and knowing that it means a lot for families to get together, especially the old folks.

iam 23 and im a meter reader for the local power campany Florida Power & Light

Work for FedEx in Gobal Operations Control Center. FAA Licensed flight dispatcher. Did same for Northwest Express and before that 26 years USAF

I scratch fleas and chase cat's, bark at strangers, sleep, and ride in the car with my tongue flappin in the wind and wagg tail :grommit:

Electrical engineer. Since 1986, own and run my own small company doing testing and emergency field services to high voltage electrical power distribution systems throughout heavy industry and Govt facilities in the South West USA..

I am a welding supervisor and plant maintenance supervisor for a custom shower door company in Seattle, been there for 9 years and started out in the shipping dep. driving trucks. On the side I also am partners in one auto appraisal company and own another.

I have done everything in the past from a security guard at a hospital (beating the crap out of drunks and junkies at 2am), slaughter house, street rod shop, got fired from Costco once, construction, worked rec. issue on Camp Le Lejeune, NC, and a bunch of other little jobs here and there.

I started out as an apprentice locksmith about 35 years ago and never looked back. I have a small shop and keep pretty busy most of the time. I have been in some hairy situations,drugs busts with the RCMP,raids with our local police,dodging flying hammers from irate husbands after we changed the locks for his wife,lol,to opening vaults,safes,one with a small child inside, to securing repossesion houses with dead cats,rats,dogs and in one case 7 dead horses.It's an interesting job and I still enjoy going to work.BTW great thread ABB.8)

I am a full time FireFighter (30 years next mounth) have a shop build and race drag race. Build custom motorcycles (H-D and Indian). Mason -Is there any of you out there on FABO.

**** star. =P~ :downtown:

Ya right.... Ok... I worked as a mechanic for about 6 years or so. left that because the boss wouldn't let us minions do any diagnostics. He test drove everything and we would just do what he told us. So I guess I was a glorified parts changer.
Quit that when a friend was making double my wages doing courier work. I did that for 7 years until I got creamed by a dump truck. 10 months and 1 bankruptcy later letting the bones heal I was ready for work again.
I got into a fiber optics company building test equipment to help y'all download **** faster... err... surf the web faster. Worked my way up to work cell coordinator in charge of 29 people. Then the tech bubble burst and my crew got wiped out. I was put back on the line as a technician and helped the engineers turn a turd of a product into something that actually worked.... Until they would redesign something inside and the next 6 months would be spent troubleshooting. I loved it. It was great and would really make me think under pressure. Then the company downsized and got out of town. The instruments division got sent to a company in France and I spent 4 months training a guy who spoke little english how to do my job. Other jobs were outsourced to China and Thailand.
We had 7 months notice of the closure and a guy I worked with got me into delivering newspapers to stores and malls. I worked the two jobs for 6 months. While delivering the papers I met a driver from another newpaper and he got me a day job picking up the papers that didn't sell and giving stores their credit for the unsold copies. It is boring crappy mindless work, but I came close to earning 6 figures last year. Only Sundays off. No vacation, sick days or holidays. I worked both jobs for 13 months until the pick-ups were cancelled due to a merger with another paper.
So I'm back to doing deliveries and I'm taking the rest of the day off until I look for a second job in the spring. I need to get the money machine rolling again. I'll either go back to courier work for quick cash or take a heavy machinery course (crane operator) or thinking about long haul trucking. I'll do almost anything that pays well. But a challenge would be nice too.

Wylde1.

i am a union pipefitter here in Chattanooga TN i work a contract for TVA doing tubing and instuments on main steam and reactor cooling water at watts bar nuclear plant

Bodyshop manager or head crap taker. Still get out in the shop everyday and do the bodywork and paint no desk jocky here.
Matt

Been turning wrenches since 1977. Got out of trade school & went to work for a Cummins repair shop, then truck dealership work. In 1988 I went to work for a county as a equipment/heavy,mediun truck mechanic. It's a job, benefits are OK, pay is well, you get by. Graders, loaders, backhoes, all sorts of truck with plows and sanders on them.

Been Cutting Meat Since I Was 17 Years Old After School. Figured It Would Be A Good Trade Since We All Have To eat. 45 Years Old And Still Doing It.

-
Back