Joe's Garage

-
Didn't have a chance to clean it off or mount the wheel vise yet, but here it is! I'm thrilled to freakin' death. :cheers: A real vintage 80's Handy Lift with a 1000 lb capacity. They are beastly and weigh about 600 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0841.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 316
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4_sUKRJahQ"]I dont want a pickle - YouTube[/ame]

You are gonna get spoiled with that lift :D

Truly....the garage is looking awesome. I like your idea of raising the cabinets with the jack on the bench. Pretty dang smart IMO!!

You are gonna get spoiled with that lift :D

Truly....the garage is looking awesome. I like your idea of raising the cabinets with the jack on the bench. Pretty dang smart IMO!!

Thanks C, necessity is the mother of invention. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGydWBJ1mE"]Mothers of Invention - Trouble Comin' Everyday - YouTube[/ame]

Didn't have a chance to clean it off or mount the wheel vise yet, but here it is! I'm thrilled to freakin' death. :cheers: A real vintage 80's Handy Lift with a 1000 lb capacity. They are beastly and weigh about 600 lbs.

That is a nice one. Heavy duty type. Congrats!

Lot of Triumph motorcycles in that video you posted...neat.

Cleaned it up, mounted the wheel vise and fixed the foot pedal. The air valve was stuck and needed a couple of washers and an E-Clip. Leanna, I wish you lived closer. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 281
Set up some stuff on my pegboard and added some more lighting, this will be my wood, soft material and bodywork bench. The cabinets are about full now and it really helped get a bunch of stuff out of my toolboxes.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 280
Set up some stuff on my pegboard and added some more lighting, this will be my wood, soft material and bodywork bench. The cabinets are about full now and it really helped get a bunch of stuff out of my toolboxes.

Man that turned out nice. Great job!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture40.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 255
I have seen a few bike lifts but never one like that one , very nice and in a great shop under the direction of a good owner.
Have a great day and an even better one tomorrow Joe.

Got me some steel diamond plate to reinforce the lift. Funny how heavy this stuff can be. It's 1/8" not including the diamond... Guess how much a 48" x 36" sheet weighed? :shock: BTW, it's priced per pound out here.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 244
I'll guess about 70 pounds.

Damn you're good! :cheers: Weighed 68 lbs. Leanna, you win my unending admiration. :prayer:

Measured it all out and prepped the lift for welding, then realized I had one cutt-off wheel, that's it. :eek:ops: Me being me, I made do with my jigsaw and a metal cutting blade. I can't say enough about Bosch blades... This one had already seen some use then went through 48" of 1/8" diamond plate! I could theoretically still use it, but it's going into retirement in the round circular file, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 254
Damn you're good! :cheers: Weighed 68 lbs. Leanna, you win my unending admiration. :prayer:

Well ... they don't call me The Mistress of Metal for nuthin'. :-D

I coated some diamondplate once. Looked like azz too. :-D

Keep up the fine work Joe! But tell me one thing. What's the first thing you're going to work on when you get all moved in and organized?

Well ... they don't call me The Mistress of Metal for nuthin'. :-D

I coated some diamondplate once. Looked like azz too. :-D

Keep up the fine work Joe! But tell me one thing. What's the first thing you're going to work on when you get all moved in and organized?

The bike first, so it's ready for spring (not that I can't ride it now, it just not quite perfect is all...) then start on the '72 Duster late spring/early summer.

-
Back