Joe's Garage

-
Hey Joe,

I just took a little time and looked at all the postings on this thread. What a great thread, man. Not too often does anyone I know mix Frank in with anything but a comment to "shut it off". Put on top of that the interesting step by step of your garage build, complimented with wise cracks from the peanut gallery, and the result is one of my favorite threads.

Anyway, I have to say thanks for starting and maintaining this thread. It has been a fun last 9 months, hopefully with more to come...

Ma Snart (Steve)

Another Wonder Wart Hog picture for your viewing please:

Attachments

• Picture52.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 340
Same here Steve
So anyway Joe, I have to say thanks for starting and maintaining this thread. It has been a fun last 9 months, hopefully with more to come...
And digg'en your cool toon's Ma Snart

The DJ on 92.3 (a semi local rock station) was giving away "a Frank Zappa cd" today with a correct answer to her daily 1:30 p.m. Jody's Jeopardy question. I called to see which one it was and she didn't even know. Pretty lame!!!

I love this thread too. Gotta share another one just because ... it's not dirty yet. :-D

[ame="http://youtu.be/WZxTLSXsoJA"]http://youtu.be/WZxTLSXsoJA[/ame]

Steve, Mike and Leanna, you guys and gals ALL ROCK! This thread wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining without you all. I've still got plenty to go so no worries, I'm not nearly done yet. Plenty of yuks and fk ups to come, lol.

Just finishing up a little welding tonight then it's crash time since I've got a way early job in the morning. I hate when work gets in the way of my hobbies, damn it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzAucMOE0s"]WORKING IN A COAL MINE - DEVO - YouTube[/ame]

The DJ on 92.3 (a semi local rock station) was giving away "a Frank Zappa cd" today with a correct answer to her daily 1:30 p.m. Jody's Jeopardy question. I called to see which one it was and she didn't even know. Pretty lame!!!

I love this thread too. Gotta share another one just because ... it's not dirty yet. :-D

http://youtu.be/WZxTLSXsoJA

LMAO! I remember this song! I used to start singing it in the shop when I was working on bikes, lol. All the other mechanics would start cracking up. :glasses7:

So, did you win the unnamed CD? :)

No, I didn't even try. Since she couldn't tell me what one it was, chances were good I already have it. :-D

lol, right on Leanna.

At this point I decided I need a drop down stairway for garage attic access. I WAS going to start picking up parts for the bike but a good friend brought up this neccesity. I hate people with common sense.....

Attachments

• ladder.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 294
Wow, I have never herd that version of working in the coal mine.
I remember the original old one, Have a restful day Joe

Stairway to Storage

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOemwDVBlqE&feature=related"]Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven ( Live, 1973 ) W/ LYRICS - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, I have never herd that version of working in the coal mine.
I remember the original old one, Have a restful day Joe

Pretty trippy Devo version, eh Mike? No rest for the wicked today, going to pick up an old friend from Chicago, Anna, and it's out for lunch and and a beer or two. :happy1:

Yes it is, You go have a great day and give Anna a good one to today.

Just saw the picture of your new stairs. What the hell happen to the garage in the picture???? How did you get those stairs to stand uplike that? LOL!!!

Looking forward to the install steps and photos...

Setting in Italy right now getting ready to go to sleep. Flew over Thursday night for work. I got to set in meetings with my boss all weekend. Yippy!!!

Thankfully, Flying back to Wisconsin tomorrow.

Take care, all...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Wonder%20Warthog%20poster.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 297
Yes it is, You go have a great day and give Anna a good one to today.

We had a blast Mike! Dogs loved her. :cheers:

Just saw the picture of your new stairs. What the hell happen to the garage in the picture???? How did you get those stairs to stand uplike that? LOL!!!

Looking forward to the install steps and photos...

Setting in Italy right now getting ready to go to sleep. Flew over Thursday night for work. I got to set in meetings with my boss all weekend. Yippy!!!

Thankfully, Flying back to Wisconsin tomorrow.

Take care, all...

Ma Snart

I always wanted to go to Italy you lucky dog you. :glasses7: Those would be the Magic Stairs. Unfortuneatly, they are not self installing. I wish they'd just walk on over and stick themselves right in the ceiling. :happy8:

Here's a couple pics my lovely Anna:

Attachments

• Anna&Dogs.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 300
  • AnnaLeathers.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 276
And Anna is lovely indeed!

Pretty smart dogs you have is all I can say. Them in Anna's lap and not you - LOL!

Had a scarey moment on my trip back from Italy. The two engine jet I was flying on puked an engine over the Atlantic. I heard it go thump and the whole plane shivered. Opened my eyes to find all the electricity out. Not cool...

We landed in Newfoundland one hour later with no other issues, but it was a little unnerving.

Yes I am lucky to get to travel for work. I have seen much of the world. Makes you really appreciate how lucky we are to live in the US.
Italy is very nice, the coast is really beautiful in places, particularly south of Naples.

Well until next time, have fun!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC00773.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 284
And Anna is lovely indeed!

Pretty smart dogs you have is all I can say. Them in Anna's lap and not you - LOL!

Had a scarey moment on my trip back from Italy. The two engine jet I was flying on puked an engine over the Atlantic. I heard it go thump and the whole plane shivered. Opened my eyes to find all the electricity out. Not cool...

We landed in Newfoundland one hour later with no other issues, but it was a little unnerving.

Yes I am lucky to get to travel for work. I have seen much of the world. Makes you really appreciate how lucky we are to live in the US.
Italy is very nice, the coast is really beautiful in places, particularly south of Naples.

Well until next time, have fun!

Ma Snart

I always wanted to tour the Ducati and Ferrrari factory. :cheers:

Wow, glad you got home safe, that must've been quite unnerving to lose an engine over the ocean. :pale:

Tried to order that ladder but they're out of stock.... They had them just last Thursday dammit. :wack:

Didn't get thru the Ferrari factory, but drove around it and toured the museum. Very cool...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• IMG_2327.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2408.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 282
Hello Anna ;) Yea Ram :glasses7: I agree with Ma Snart Anna is lovely as a flower :flower:
and digg'en the threads girl :rock:
Maxie is loving her as Marlin stays cool :D

Me , well I got a phone call from my friend up and over the hill just
a half mile by the way the crow flies and said come on over :cheers: I have
an empty stall and a few in the fridge :D
You know what I did, I said the heck with the NASCAR last race of the year
and jumped on this opportunity :glasses7:
Drained the 3 speed standard transmission and put 3 1/2 quarts back in....
A great day indeed :cheers:
A look at Victoria's belly :happy8: as you can see it was a under coated car.
Have a great day and happy to see Ma Snart is safe on the ground :cheers:
That would have made me _____ ah yes my pants :D
2 ta 1 exhaust, she is a quit little /6 lady
in the last picture I put some heat wrap shield there but did not get a picture!

Attachments

• Feet care 036.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Feet care 032.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Feet care 038.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 280
Great move Mike, I would've done the same. Heck with the race, get 'er done! Vicki's underside looks awesome, lol. Thanks for the peek under her skirt. :shock:

Anna will be over this weekend. :cheers: Don't know how much I'll get done.

Joe - Anna coming over again - Damn good thing you waited to buy those stairs until they were out of stock - LOL!!!

MeMike - Good neighbor to have!!! Car looks good on both sides. Nice little street rod parked next to your baby. Would like to have one of those some day.

Enjoy Da' Week!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture58.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 243
Happy Thanksgiving to ya' all !!!!

Don't eat too much turkey and fixin's today..

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 250276017_fat_ass1_xlarge.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 254
Joe - Anna coming over again - Damn good thing you waited to buy those stairs until they were out of stock - LOL!!!

MeMike - Good neighbor to have!!! Car looks good on both sides. Nice little street rod parked next to your baby. Would like to have one of those some day.

Enjoy Da' Week!

Ma Snart

Got the stairs, went right to ACE hardware and they ordered it for me, came in on Wednesday. It going to be a bear to install too. I hope Anna's bringing her work gloves, lol.

Mike will be happy to know that these are Century stairs, made in Arkansas!

Happy Thanksgiving to ya' all !!!!

Don't eat too much turkey and fixin's today..

Ma Snart

Have velcro belt, ready for T day dinner!

Attachments

• IMG_0870.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 240
Found another VERY important piece of garage equipment on sale at Home Depot last Sunday, 61 bucks off. It's a little big, I'm going to have to make some bench adjustments.....

Attachments

• IMG_0867.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 246
Found another VERY important piece of garage equipment on sale at Home Depot last Sunday, 61 bucks off. It's a little big, I'm going to have to make some bench adjustments.....

It looks like you could just unscrew the feet if it has them and slide er right in.

Got the stairs, went right to ACE hardware and they ordered it for me, came in on Wednesday. It going to be a bear to install too. I hope Anna's bringing her work gloves, lol.

I was gonna install a disappearing stairway for my shop. I have 11' ceilings so that stairway has to be made out of aluminum. $$$$

I think they can make them out of wood but the have special reinforcements which makes the prices just as high. $600 and up.

I can't believe you had to reinforce your lift. It looks plenty sturdy to me. It won't be as slick with the diamond plate however. You must going to buy a old heavy Harley! lol

later...

-
Back