Joe's Garage

-
Vey nice garage cooler! I guess you could raise the bench, or lower the concrete - LOL!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture5.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 361
It looks like you could just unscrew the feet if it has them and slide er right in.

The hinge sticks up another inch on the front so that's a no go. I can raise the bench, it's adustable, but it's a pain in the behind to do.

I was gonna install a disappearing stairway for my shop. I have 11' ceilings so that stairway has to be made out of aluminum. $$$$

I think they can make them out of wood but the have special reinforcements which makes the prices just as high. $600 and up.

I can't believe you had to reinforce you lift. It looks plenty sturdy to me. I won't be as slick with the diamond plate however.

later...

Yeah, those things are not cheap once you get much over 10 feet. I'll running over to the local home depot as soon as I can get my turkey infused *** motivated.

Those lifts are plenty strong Marland, but what happens over time is you end up getting a "bow" where the motorcycle centerstand feet sit on the table. Every bike is a little different where the feet sit and it ends being unstable. Granted, most newer bikes don't even have centerstands anymore, but I work mostly on old stuff. Welding that plate on completely eliminates the issue and also makes the top more rigid. It just feels more stable, especially with 600 or 700 lbs of bike on there.

Vey nice garage cooler! I guess you could raise the bench, or lower the concrete - LOL!

Ma Snart

And a bench raising it is... \\:D/ I'll have to run out to the liquor store and fill it too. :drinkers:

Mission Accomplished. :drinkers:

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0872.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 399
Looks like a well stocked frig!!

Makes me thirsty to see such!

If only I was near by to help empty your new frig for the first time! Oh well, have to take a rain check and catch you next time I cruise thru your area. My son is in LA now so I will be making the trip sometime in the next 6 months out to see him.

Have a shot and beer on me!!!! I will do the same here in windy Wisconsin...

Ma Snart

PS - I do not know if you have seen the results of a recent beer drinking study. I have attached the summary report. I have thrown caution to the wind and said the heck with it and continue to drink beer. Although, recently I have taken a liking to painting my toil nails - NOT!!! - LOL!

Attachments

• beerstudy.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 386
Looks like a well stocked frig!!

Makes me thirsty to see such!

If only I was near by to help empty your new frig for the first time! Oh well, have to take a rain check and catch you next time I cruise thru your area. My son is in LA now so I will be making the trip sometime in the next 6 months out to see him.

Have a shot and beer on me!!!! I will do the same here in windy Wisconsin...

Ma Snart

PS - I do not know if you have seen the results of a recent beer drinking study. I have attached the summary report. I have thrown caution to the wind and said the heck with it and continue to drink beer. Although, recently I have taken a liking to painting my toil nails - NOT!!! - LOL!

Mr. Snart, you are more than welcome at Joe's Garage anytime you pass through. You are allowed to drink your fill as long you bring me a decent pizza. The cheese here sucks, hence, so do the pizzas. I have family roots in Wisco and I know you all are hiding the good stuff.

BTW, I saw that study before...it's bullshit. :D

Please note this incredibly insightfull musical study of beer...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jOEAufDQ4"]OFFICIAL VIDEO - "BEER!" by Psychostick - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks you for the invite and for sure will bring the cheese.

Got some good belly laughs out of the attached beer song!!

Had Frank on in the back ground when I sent the previous posting. As I hit the send button a song was on that I do not remember the name of or album from, but have heard the lyrics before and laughed. After stocking your frig they might be for you...

It goes like this- " No more credit at the liquor store"

Ma Snart

Attachments

• warthog031.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 394
Thanks you for the invite and for sure will bring the cheese.

Got some good belly laughs out of the attached beer song!!

Had Frank on in the back ground when I sent the previous posting. As I hit the send button a song was on that I do not remember the name of or album from, but have heard the lyrics before and laughed. After stocking your frig they might be for you...

It goes like this- " No more credit at the liquor store"

Ma Snart

\\:D/
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOdqxhhmf08&playnext=1&list=PLD535C88574EFF564&feature=results_video"]Zappa plays Zappa - No more credit from the liquor store - YouTube[/ame]

Damn I got a hangover looking at it....

Marland, I'm not a waste case. :) I was expecting company and had some, and I'll have some more tomorrow. We all hang at Joe's Garage... :p

Zappa interviewed.... ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TZk1gYj2xo&feature=related"]Frank Zappa Late Night with David Letterman August 10, 1982 - YouTube[/ame]

Arkansas Made :cheers: Thank you for keeping our folks in business Joe :glasses7: :D looks like you have more room in your new fridge, that is a big one :glasses7:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqN4KOFsRzY"]Mikes Loft Ladder - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Mike and Mr. Snart! Got the "Stairway to Stoorage" installed last week. The directions said to frame it, stuff it in then shim it and nail/screw it in. I shimmed it first then stuffed it in. If it were another 1/16th" tighter, it never would've fit. :)

Since my ceiling is 10' tall, I put the staircase on top of the ramcharger, backed it in to the garage then a buddy and I jumped up top and hoisted it in. I'll get better pics later.

Attachments

• IMG_0885.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0886.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 330
Hey Joe!

Well I guess the stairs look good, although it is hard tell if there are really stairs up there. Looks just like a piece of plywood stuck to the ceiling with a cord dangling from it - LOL!

Guess that is the whole idea of "Hide away" stairs...

Good idea on using the Ramcharger as a work platform. I wondered how you were going to stick that bad boy up there.

I have been busy with my snowmobile club putting in the trails, running safety school for the kids, and having the land owners appreciation dinner. Now, all that is over and all I want for Christmas is SNOW!

Just about time to start working in my shop again. As I am sure you do, I have an endless list of "To Do" things.

So until next time, have a cool adult beverage for me as I will for you tonight.

Happy Holidays
Ma Snart

Attachments

• mad-11-cover.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 337
Hey Joe!

Well I guess the stairs look good, although it is hard tell if there are really stairs up there. Looks just like a piece of plywood stuck to the ceiling with a cord dangling from it - LOL!

Guess that is the whole idea of "Hide away" stairs...

So until next time, have a cool adult beverage for me as I will for you tonight.

Happy Holidays
Ma Snart

The adults are having beverages right now! :thumrigh: I told you I didn't cheat and just glue a piece of plywood up.

Attachments

• IMG_0900.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 340
Well, I am not totally convinced that this is not some computer slight of hand trick you are using to prove that there really are stairs up there. I know that magicians use all kinds of techniques to cause you to be distracted when they perform a trick. Anna is doing a pretty good job of distracting me in this picture - LOL!

It would help me believe you if you could attach a few more pictures of Anna stand on the stairs - maybe from different angles? - LOL!!!!

Tell her MA sends his best. I'll mosey up stairs to the bar and pour a drink now so as to not get too far behind you two! Maybe a little Tang on the rocks...That outa prime me for the party at 6.

Happy, Happy, Happy....

Ma

Attachments

• DSC00684.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 328
Well, I am not totally convinced that this is not some computer slight of hand trick you are using to prove that there really are stairs up there. I know that magicians use all kinds of techniques to cause you to be distracted when they perform a trick. Anna is doing a pretty good job of distracting me in this picture - LOL!

It would help me believe you if you could attach a few more pictures of Anna stand on the stairs - maybe from different angles? - LOL!!!!

Tell her MA sends his best. I'll mosey up stairs to the bar and pour a drink now so as to not get too far behind you two! Maybe a little Tang on the rocks...That outa prime me for the party at 6.

Happy, Happy, Happy....

Ma

Done Ma, Anna says "Hey!" Pretty sneaky of me to use the sleight of hand distraction trick. :cheers: Having a shot in your honor. :glasses7: BTW, Anna's family has 100+ acres up around Tomahawk and my family and I have 320 acres up around Springstead.

Attachments

• IMG_0902.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 334
BTW, Anna's first name is really Visnjia pronounced "Vishna" in Croatian. :) She's so hot! :) No, she's not a mail order bride, we've known each other since we were 14.

Interesting about you families being land mongrels in Wisconsin. Riden snowmobiles out of Park Falls many times and been thru that part of Wi. Also, Case construction has a sales training set up near Tomahawk and have spent some time crusing the bars in that area.

By the way, the gin has had it's usual affect on me and I have had to put away all power tools for fear of detaching some part of my body - LOL!

Have a great evening!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• WonderWarthog_BattleOfTitans-1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 338
Well then say "Hey" to Vishna for me.

My name is really "Steve". My wife usually pronounces "U Dumb ***" - LOL!

Ma Snart

PS Me and Frank running some bulldozers...

Attachments

• zappa_frank on CAT.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC04818.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 319
LMAO Steve! I'm not much of a tractor guy at this point, but I do dig my chainsaws.... :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAihDAJX8Ow"]Mastodon: Curl Of The Burl [Official Video] - YouTube[/ame]

Happy New Year, Joe!!!!

Hope all is well with you.

Thought I would say hello and see what's happening in the garage...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Wonder%20Wart-Hog%20t-shirt.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 282
The adults are having beverages right now! :thumrigh: I told you I didn't cheat and just glue a piece of plywood up.

This is the reason Joe had a really good birthday. (It's just a guess).:D

Happy New Year, Joe!!!!

Hope all is well with you.

Thought I would say hello and see what's happening in the garage...

Ma Snart

Sorry Ma, but the thing on that shirt looks like ........ a sex toy.

There. I said it.

Not that I'd know about such things ... :-D

-
Back