Joining to pick your brain

-

Bobhodge1981

Reaction score
Hey my names Bob
I have my greatgranddads 64/65(depends on if you tag it in Ca or OK). It has had a new frontend rebuild in in 1991 along with original motor and tranny at the same time period. I am now trying to get the interior done and a 4 wheel disc upgrade. I want to put an83/4" in the car but am not having much luck. Want to go to 41/2 wheel pattern as well but don't know where to start. It needs brakes and axel bearings now so I thought about doing it all now instead of rebuilding the 71/4 and drums I have now. Seems like a good time huh? Well hello to all and if you have any advice it's always appreciated thank you. Bob

Welcome to FABO Bob!Maybe look for an 8 1/4(LBP)from a 73up 340/360 car.Kill 2 birds with 1 stone and cheaper than finding,building a LBP 8 3/4.Good luck.

Use the search function in the banner up top. There are multiple disc and 8.75 threads on here. Welcome to fabo.

Welcome to Fabo form the big mitten!! X2 on Pettyblu's suggestion about the 8 1/4", it's already LBP and can be had in suregrip form. Also, going with 73 and later disc's will net you LBP all around!! Good luck with your project and keep us in the loop!! Geof

welcome and have fun!

8 3/4 you will have to keep your eye open for one in the OK area... they are a lot of money to ship. or maybe the next state over if you dont mind driving.

once you get one you can get it ready, and even get the brakes on it. get with Dr. Diff (Cass) he will have everything you need for the brakes to put on it or parts it may need.

as far as the front, you will probably have to change spindles to get the LBP hubs ... i will let someone else chime in on your '64, who knows a lot about the early A bodies. what model is it?

Welcome to FABO BobHodge1981!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC07614.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 152
Welcome from Southeast Kansas. I noticed you said you wanted to change the bolt pattern lucky for you just check the description on the disc brake conversion kit. I have noticed that different brake kit companies sell them in all kinds of bolt patterns. I actually think that wilwoods has 3 different pattern sizes to choose from.

I hope this helps also if you come across a extra front bench seat for a 64 Dart let me know.

Hello all,
I forgot to mention the make of the Plymouth lol. I have a 65 barracuda. I will be posting pics as soon as I figure out how. Thanks for all the responses, they are very helpful. Bob

Welcome. I am hardly the expert, but I recall that 63-66 have narrower rear ends. If so, maybe one can compensate by getting wheels with a matching offset. As mentioned, many posts on FABO on rear end swaps, so search. I kind of recall people looking for 8-1/4 or 8-3/4 rears pre-67, but they will be SBP.

Welcome to FABO, i concur with pettybludart and look for an 8 1/4'' rear end.
Do several searches on here and do a lot of reading, and then come up with your own conclusions.
Good luck!

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back