Joy of an NHRA Sportsman Racer

-
BAAHAAHAAA I love these!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JiNVFs3XRk"]YouTube - Joy of an NHRA Sportsman Racer[/ame]

How true that was. Still waiting on some money from 93 and 94 when I quit Super stock.

How true that was. Still waiting on some money from 93 and 94 when I quit Super stock.

How so ?

Over the years I have sold plenty of product to these Sportsman racers ..... and what I have found ...it is all about the GLORY of that Wally.

GOOD for them ... if that "works" for them... :thumbup:

Just kept getting the run around, so I just said the hell with it and took off there decals.

I've been a fan of NHRA Stock Eliminator since the early 70's. I knew a couple of guys who ran it, and went to the track with them. I learned the politics of it.
I had the chance to partner on a car for two years in the mid 90's.
It's said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.
I think the definition should be: knowing what goes on in Stock Eliminator, but still spending thousands of dollars and precious time doing it.
I love the concept: getting the most out of stock parts, but the execution of it is a bittersweet experience, to say the least.

It's true National Events are pretty much a joke anymore, maybe even points meets too. The way the NHRA treats the backbone of there sport is pretty shitty. Thats why more and more Stock Super Stock Associations and local Combo races are popping up all over. Same kick a$$ cars with less BS. And you dont have to set a national record to win.

Our local track Thunder Valley in Marion, SD has 3 two day races scheduled this year put on by the Midwest Class Racers. $85 entry -$50 goes to purse $35 to track with $1000 bonus money both days every race. It turns into a nice little pay day for only 25 to 40 car field. and payout starts in 2nd round - $50. THIS IS THE ONLY REASON IM BUILDING A SS MOTOR FOR MY CAR THIS YEAR.:!:

Attachments

• 232.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 211
-
Back