Judge Mills' 1971 Plymouth Duster

-
UPDATE: purchasing a 97' Ford Explorer 8.8 tomorrow! 3.73 gear...They pull it, $150!.. the place a half mile down the road wanted $450 :)

here's a picture! I had to use my cell phone, can't find my real camera!

axle.jpg

lol!!!!!!!!!! looks like a real pic to me dude!!!!!!!!! real camera, now thats funny right there.

Lol the reason you dont see any is they were all stamped upsidedown.:snakeman:

Too bad.It would have been nice to have those for an option. Im more of a fan of the offy's and mopa performance vc's anyways...

Cool build! Im glad to see someone is working on thier car cuz I sure as heck aint...](*,)

Got the 8.8 today! Different guy working the desk, wanted to charge me 275.... Told him the guy yesterday said 150... The guy called the other guy and confirmed yesterday's price... He then went on a tirade about the old senile guy giving stuff away... I JUST WANT MY AXLE, MAN! :)

Got it for 150... pretty happy, though I do need the piece that bolts to the Yoke...

8.8 rear.jpg

You should be ashamed putting an 8.8 in your duster. :angry7: I put a 9" in mine. LOL. Looking good and that is a great price. I installed 8.8 exploder disc brakes on my 9" also.

120 to cut it, 50 to hot tank it....

Next month I'll be getting the Yukon axle shafts... Progress is slow, but at least it is moving forward...

Just got my springs from Firm Feel today... they are the XHD Mopar springs, for road racing... Also got Firm Feel's leaf spring hangers.. Last week I got spring perches and Their house brand spring shackles... One problem already though.. Apparently there are different sizes of bushings for leaf springs, as the new mancini shackles are too loose inside the new springs...

toys.jpg

*new parts day*

Got the U bolts and a Trick Flow differential cover/girdle.... That outta fool some of you, as I think Trick Flow only makes Corvette/Camaro/Mustang parts :D

trickflow.jpg

Ran into a little problem last month.. These rear brackets were rusted out..

bracket2.jpg

Luckily, a great member here, green1, helped me out, and I now have good brackets as of today!

newbracket.jpg

Loosely bolted things up today, mocking it up to weld up the spring perches soon... Getting close!

09022010.jpg

Let me check the driveshaft I got with my 8.8, it may have the same flange on both ends. I will let you know.

Thanks!

It has been too long since I last updated. I didn't buy the bearings/shafts until this past March. The axle has been at the local shop for the past few weeks. I should be getting it back soon. I will update with pics then!

I checked the shaft I had, the ends are different. Would love to see more pics of the install.

rock on man. it just keeps on going, and going ................ looks good! keep going.

Shop called back today... Either we measured it wrong, or Dutchman's cut it wrong.. Either way, the axle is 1/4 too long... So.. I either get the axle cut again, or get a custom length axle shaft. I have to go to the shop tomorrow, measure everything again, and see how it looks. It may be easier to get a custom length, as I already welded the perches on... The cost may come out around the same between cutting and getting a new axle.. What to do?

perfect time to narrow it for bigger rubber in the future! :p hey, you wouldn't by chance be able to source the part number for the PS hose from Carquest would ya?

Shop called back today... Either we measured it wrong, or Dutchman's cut it wrong.. Either way, the axle is 1/4 too long... So.. I either get the axle cut again, or get a custom length axle shaft. I have to go to the shop tomorrow, measure everything again, and see how it looks. It may be easier to get a custom length, as I already welded the perches on... The cost may come out around the same between cutting and getting a new axle.. What to do?

What about trimming the axle spline end a 1/4" to fit and just running C-Clip eliminators, you would be better off with them anyways.

-
Back