Junk yard finds

-

dennday67

Reaction score
I think I did good today. 1970 b body rear end from drum to drum with a 489 pig 2.91 gears with limited slip for $100 and a body disc brakes from a 74 scamp with prop valve for $100.

Now to clean it all up and order new 3.73-3.91 gears along with shock plates. also i need to look into a rear set of rallyes with more back spacing. got two 6" wide right now and a co worker is going to sand blast them for $25 and another co worker what will powder coat them for the cost of materials.

Very nice. Stuff's still out there.

Now to clean it all up and order new 3.73-3.91 gears along with shock plates. also i need to look into a rear set of rallyes with more back spacing. got two 6" wide right now and a co worker is going to sand blast them for $25 and another co worker what will powder coat them for the cost of materials.

That should liven things up.

Highway rpm will suffer but secondary roads will be fun.

Good score but why didn't you get the shock plates with the rear?

Shock plates were long gone. Got a pair off ebay today for $65 free shipping. Got the rear all torn down and cleaned today. No Lincoln locker... A true 1970 limited slip. Axle seals still have pentastars and no rtv on the pumpkin. I'm guessing It's never been open or has been dealer serviced. I plain to add a drain plug and crush sleeve eliminater along with green bearings. Anyone have any insight on b body 8 3/4 in an a body E brake cable? The b body ones were cut and don't know what will work.

Got the brakes and back plates all cleaned, painted, and rebuilt. Nice working in a heated shop with tools (took them to work on my day off). The old 11" shoes had pentastars on them.

Shock plates were long gone. Got a pair off ebay today for $65 free shipping. Got the rear all torn down and cleaned today. No Lincoln locker... A true 1970 limited slip. Axle seals still have pentastars and no rtv on the pumpkin. I'm guessing It's never been open or has been dealer serviced. I plain to add a drain plug and crush sleeve eliminater along with green bearings. Anyone have any insight on b body 8 3/4 in an a body E brake cable? The b body ones were cut and don't know what will work.
Usually your existing cables in the 7 1/4 will work in the 8 3/4.

Thanks that's load off my mind. I'm going to try to cut and weld my perches tonight at work.

Usually your existing cables in the 7 1/4 will work in the 8 3/4.

Yes they will, I used mine with no trouble. I will say this though you will want to back off the adjustment under the car when you assemble the brakes if you go with a larger drum, if not one side will hook up great and you will struggle with the other side.

-
Back