Junkyard Wagon

-

dart64gt

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Well I got to drive my dart wagon a couple of days ago what a sweet running power house 3.9 fuelin jection that has a ton of low in power. Only proble my rack that I put in it is for crap I am not a engineer I just make up stuff as I go. It has way to much bump steer what ever that is. If I can't get it fix the old K-frame is going back in with no P/S oh well it still hauls ***.

I have to finish up the wiring,put a headliner in it and a carpet kit and color sand.

Here are a few picture of it.

Picture 482.jpg

Picture 485.jpg

Picture 486.jpg

Picture 483.jpg

Picture 487.jpg

... Only proble my rack that I put in it is for crap I am not a engineer I just make up stuff as I go. It has way to much bump steer what ever that is. If I can't get it fix the old K-frame is going back in with no P/S oh well it still hauls ***.

It might not be bump steer. Is it aligned or did you do some rough alignment with it.

The inner ball joint where the tie rod moves about should be about where it is on you red car. In terms of height and left to right in relationship to the frame.

The length of the tie rod should be about the same length as the lower control arm which is 13.5". Is this way different? The length of that tie rod is from the center of the inner to the center of the outer ball joint.

With an angle finder gauge, how do the angles of the tie rods compart from the rack and pinion to the red car's stock setup?

That is sweet! I want to hear more. What tranny do you have in it? I reckon this is a truck engine, did you get the computer from the truck also?
C

nice job, I like to see different ideas. What trans did you use?
if you dont have already, get a set of v8 injectors, v8 throttlebody and a set of 92 or 93 exhaust manifolds. you'll wake up that little 3.9 a bit

That is sweet! I want to hear more. What tranny do you have in it? I reckon this is a truck engine, did you get the computer from the truck also?
C

Hi there Yes the engine and trans came out of a 1993 Dakota with only 56,000 miles on it. I took it to the muffler shop and had a 3 in pipe to the single camber flowmaster muffler and 2 1/2 in tail pipe. Sounds like a bad *** V/8 and it comes out of the hole real strong to my surprize. I was a little worry because I have 3:23 gears in the rear in. Still waiting on my speedo from the 66 barracuda. When I get it back the rest of the dash goes together.

Earl Weaver The Early A Body Guy

thats cool... i thought about the 3.9 for a lil dart or valiant.. thought it would be a cool cruiser.. did you do the wire harness or did you buy it from somewhere?

thats cool... i thought about the 3.9 for a lil dart or valiant.. thought it would be a cool cruiser.. did you do the wire harness or did you buy it from somewhere?

HI No I used the complete engine harness out of the truck and then wire it nto mine it is a nightmare to do that way. I change the dash to a 1966 barracuda and wire it to that and added the check eng.lite and a few other gauges.. I will post some pictures of it when I finish the dash.

dart64gt

I like the washer fluid bottle you used, i have plans for the same one, I think the 68 b-body bottle looks cool in the a-bodies, its streamline. Did you have any issues getting it to work with your 66 whiper button? I dont know much of anything about electrical stuff and i was hoping the 65 polara wiper switch that is for the polara dash i want to use, will work with the 68 b-body washer fluid bottle motor.

3.9 mopar wagon. Wow :tongue9:I will keep up with this thread.:rock:
Looking good, and keep us updated.
A lot of great work there dart64gt

Jack I have all the rear glass and a good left quarter panel if you are going to put the wagon back together.

Earl

Well I findly got the frt square away and now I have to get the alingement done and finish up the wiring. I got a temp 66 barracuda dash in and what a pain it is. Still has to go to the hose man for him to make new A/C hoses then I can mount the under dash air and then it to get the carpet & headlinder in. Maybe tomorrow I will get it lic to drive. Here are a few pictures of it. Hope to have it ready for Las Vegas at the Strip. You guys that are going stop by the 35 ft. Winnebago with the big red trailer you can't miss it. We will be in the Swap Meet area selling Hi torge Starters for 99.00 dollars.

Picture 083.jpg

Picture 085.jpg

Picture 490.jpg

Picture 495.jpg

Picture 498.jpg

Well I findly got the frt square away and now I have to get the alingement done and finish up the wiring. I got a temp 66 barracuda dash in and what a pain it is. Still has to go to the hose man for him to make new A/C hoses then I can mount the under dash air and then it to get the carpet & headlinder in. Maybe tomorrow I will get it lic to drive. Here are a few pictures of it. Hope to have it ready for Las Vegas at the Strip. You guys that are going stop by the 35 ft. Winnebago with the big red trailer you can't miss it. We will be in the Swap Meet area selling Hi torge Starters for 99.00 dollars.

Earl, are you going to bring the car in a swap spot at Spring Fling. The swap space is about 1/2 the price.

Coming along great. I just noticed you cut into your driver side fenderwell to move the battery back a touch. Thats the only option I have unless I move my batter to the trunk. Did you modify your front flash shield or does your battery set back from it?
Ive also decided to go with a 66 barracuda dash for my 64 dart. I think its the coolest Early A dash.

No I cut just behind it and the stock splash is still there most people don't notice the battery box moved back.

Earl

-
Back