Just a little advise

-
I guess the factory screwed up bad when they blacked out the grille/radiator yoke in my 340 swingers, and 340 demons... hemi orange, vit c orange and lemon twist cars.

The factory absolutely DID paint the radiator yokes black on cars with light exterior colors. If you snoop around the net, you can find pictures of the process at the plants.

I agree, Do your car the way you want it.

I can't stop watching that sig! Mezmerizing isn'tit!:toothy10:
Sorry couldn't help it!8)

Our 67 was a street brawling sleeper with tude. It needed blacked out!8)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 22.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 265
I think it depends. My 63 Dart is all white. Behind the grille too. It's gonna be white again all over when I repaint it. I don't really give a rat's butt what anybody does to their own cars cause I have one to do like I want to with it.

I think blacked out behind the grille looks cleaner. My '75 Scamp came from the factory that way. She is Powder blue.

What I know of blacked out grills areas is. At the factory light colored cars whites, yellows, reds etc. had the grill area painted flat black, while dark colored cars blacks, dark browns' dark blues etc. were not. Yes! Ma! Mopar made exception to this rule. The engine compartments were not painted black.
my 1/2 cent

except for the SS Darts And Cudas...

and what was an original paint white belvedere had white core support

I'm much more into seeing some color through the grille. Doesn't do me much good on mine tho...

DSCN0287.jpg

Ken

Glad to see the confusion on what Mopar DID cleared up :) It wasn't a defined area, just kinda sprayed in the general vicinity on the yoke LOL

You can add 72 in TB3 to the list of black behind the grill from the factory also.

I'm pretty sure mine was blacked out from factory but was painted body colour when repainted. Personally that's the way I like it and that's the way it will stay.

LOL..I'm the exact opposite of Moparlvr. Mine was NOT blacked out from the factory, but it is now. It's great that we all have our own personal tastes. Thats what makes our rides all different.

But, thanks for the advice.:-D

Mopars look retarded without behind the grille blacked out. Do your homework. The dark colored cars were exempt from this process. (eg. black, dark blue, brown.) Light colored cars were all blacked out from the factory. And they didn't do a perfect job either. Just a couple of quick passes of paint. At the same time, I am a firm believer in personal preference. It may not be "right" for some. But it is "correct "

Mopars look retarded without behind the grille blacked out. Do your homework. The dark colored cars were exempt from this process. (eg. black, dark blue, brown.) Light colored cars were all blacked out from the factory. And they didn't do a perfect job either. Just a couple of quick passes of paint. At the same time, I am a firm believer in personal preference. It may not be "right" for some. But it is "correct "

Now i,m retarded. lol. Maybe we should all run correct bias ply tires too as they didnt come out with radials on them. hehehe Oh and better paint those aluminum radiators. sheesh

Attachments

• car show 009 (Large).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 182
Mine was blacked out and it was a light colored car. But 66 Dart grilles aren't very open. You can't see the black through the grille. Although black is correct it remains a personal preference. Body color looks unfinished to me. Mike

oh my god now we are calling name on here shame on u guys bad mopar guys BAD!!!!! now go to ur rooms lmao

I like to look at members rides and admire all the hard work they've put into there cars, but one thing that bothers Me is when you look at the front of the car you see body color through the grill. You should black out any body color that shows through the grill. The car will look even better. the factory used a flat black paint. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade just
my opinion for what it's worth.

remember its MOPAR not a CHEVY Chevy's were blacked out but if you want to make your MOPAR into a slowpar paint it black

WOW! Let Me start by apologizing to everyone for My poor choice of wording. I really didn't mean to say you should have done anything. The point I was trying to make to guys who didn't know is on light colored cars the factory did in fact spray some black paint on the front of the radiator yoke where color showed through the grill. Also I didn't say that the engine compartment should be painted black unless the car was black.I was not trying to belittle anyone or there cars I realize We all have our personal tastes and that's cool. Just trying to pass a little knowledge on, that's all.

WOW! Let Me start by apologizing to everyone for My poor choice of wording. I really didn't mean to say you should have done anything. The point I was trying to make to guys who didn't know is on light colored cars the factory did in fact spray some black paint on the front of the radiator yoke where color showed through the grill. Also I didn't say that the engine compartment should be painted black unless the car was black.I was not trying to belittle anyone or there cars I realize We all have our personal tastes and that's cool. Just trying to pass a little knowledge on, that's all.

LOL, don't sweat it, Jim; it's been pretty funny reading and seeing the various photos of spray black v. body color.
Of course, now I find out from Jason that my Dart has to ride the "Short School Bus" because it's blue behind the grille instead of black.

LOL, don't sweat it, Jim; it's been pretty funny reading and seeing the various photos of spray black v. body color.
Of course, now I find out from Jason that my Dart has to ride the "Short School Bus" because it's blue behind the grille instead of black.

What color is behind the grille on that school bus?

Mine is blacked out everyone has their own taste but in my opinion when painted body color it detracts from seeing your good looking grille

Attachments

• demonengine.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 176
I agree everyone has their own tastes. Like I said I miss wrote what I was trying to say and apologized to everyone whose feelings I hurt. But I'm not going to kiss anyone's azz to accept My apology. So I'll leave it at that.

My replies were all in fun as I believe most were. Thanks for spreading the knowledge Jim. DD

I agree everyone has their own tastes. Like I said I miss wrote what I was trying to say and apologized to everyone whose feelings I hurt. But I'm not going to kiss anyone's azz to accept My apology. So I'll leave it at that.

Don't sweat it Jim you got your point across and hell I learned something I didn't know concerning blackouts.
I did however think that Jason's use of the word "retarded" would garner him more attention by now but hey there's still time.:evil2:

-
Back