Just acquired: Blue 69 340 Barracuda

-

Blue340s

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 69 Barracuda Fast Back. Don't think it's an S, but all indications are its a numbers matching 340 with a lot of the S features. It does have the 340s script on the front fenders, but no S on the trunk.

Its had a reasonably good resto and looks great (@ 15 ft), but it has quirks and hopefully only minor issues. The previous owner did all the really hard work, and I think he cared a lot about what he was doing.

I'll probably do a lot of reading before I start any threads, but I could sure use some help finding information on things I can do improve on it from here on out and how to reconstruct the history of the car if possible. The previous owner said he was the 3rd owner.

I'll post pictures when I get them transferred over to my PC.

Thanks for reading!
Blue 340s

Welcome to FABO.Many knowledgeable Barracuda owners on here to help with questions.Best advise I can give to a new members,is to get familiar with the different forums and the search option(top of main page). Lots of reading info on many members Barracudas...Enjoy!:D

Thanks! Already received many welcome responses. Much appreciated. I'll download some pictures after work.

Click "add reply" on the left side under the last post.

Then scroll down below the big box where you type in. You'll see the "additional options" title. Under that you'll see the button to upload pictures. Then you select the photo and hit the "upload" button. Close out the window and hit preview to see your uploaded picture. Then hit submit. You can add multiple pictures before you hit the upload button.

Thanks for the help! I'll take more with a real camera. I gotta clean her up a little.

Attachments

• IMG_1723.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1722.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 282
Very Nice, my brother was intrested in that one. And it was done without trying to make into a Formula S.

A few deviations for original (if that matters) but very clean and nice.

This sum it up?? Did not get to see the fender tag but think what I put here is close.

E55 - 340-4 Barrel 69-73
D32 - H-D A-727 TorqueFlite Trans
BH29
B = Plymouth Barracuda
H = High
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
P9B - P = 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
9 = 1969
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
214425 - Sequence Number '214425'
B5 - Paint Code: Blue Fire Metallic
H6B - Trim Grade/Style/Color
H = High
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
B = Light Blue
B5 - Upper Door Frame:Blue Fire Metallic
B19 - Date Built: 11 / 19 / 1968
Order Number: XXXXXX
A01 - Light Package
A06 - Sport Group
A62 - A-body Decour Package
C16 - Console w/ Buckets
C55 - Bucket Seats
G31 - Right Hand Outside Mirror - Manual / Chrome
L31 - Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
M21 - Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M25 - Wide Sill Molding
M31 - Belt Molding 69-70
R11 - Music Master Radio AM
V7X - Accent Stripes - Black
END - End of Codes

END
L31 M21 M25 M31 R11 V7X
A01 A06 A62 C16 C55 G31
B5 B5 H6B B5 B19 XXXXXX
E55 D32 BH29 P9B 214425

Cosmic Pariah: Yeah. Me too!

1969383S: You got it. While I said "I don't think it's an S but has a lot of the S features", a better description is it has a lot of the S performance without the higher end S features like a center tach/or/clock/or/vacuum, or driver's side remote mirror, or a fold down rear seat. I have a lot of research to do, but I checked the numbers on the block, trunk and core support, verified the rear end is sure grip. I do have the fender tag.

It aint no trailer queen but it looks really good and I can't wait to get it registered. I'm going to drive it and enjoy it.

Not over represented but plenty of room for improvement and I'm looking forward to bringing it as close to the way it came from the factory as I can afford to.

Have fun!

Damn -- that is a very nice looking Barracuda!!!!

Thanks for posting pictures. Good to hear you'll be driving it. Although mine is not a daily driver, I get her out as much as possible.

Jumped on the welcome wagon myself today as well. I just picked up my Mom's (original owner) 67 Baracuda convertable. Plain and basically simple. 273 V8, 2-bbl, and auto trans.
I am looking forward to seeing what others has in their hands and what choices, good or bad, they thought they have made. Hope it helps me not to go in wrong directions.
Good luck with all you chose to do and looking to see how it comes along.
Take Care, D Gazz

-
Back