Just bought an all original 1969 Dodge Dart swinger 340

-

Dishmans2

Reaction score
Just picked up my first Mopar and its super solid and original. Now what to do with it as I have a ton of projects. Lol

Last time registered 84. First Mopar so if I misrepresent something just let me know. Thx

Nice score. It still has a great stance even after all these years! Congratulations, now move it to the front of the project list! :)

Originally a white top.

Not many R4 colored 69 Darts. IIRC, it was a mid year color? Would look real sharp with original white stripe and white top.

Does it run? Get it runnin good like it is and drive it and have fun.

Not many R4 colored 69 Darts. IIRC, it was a mid year color? Would look real sharp with original white stripe and white top.

Sorry, gotta disagree with the "mid-year color". My first Mopar was a '69 Dart Swinger that I bought used in November 1969. It was only a couple of months off of the new car lot. The original owner was going into the Navy and his parents wouldn't keep up the payment for him.
Rani, you're right, it's a fantastic color. If it only had the black vinyl top it would look more "orange". And with only the white stripe, like mine was, it would look more "red".
Great find!
I still miss my old Dart. Unfortunately, I got stupid years ago and turned mine into a race car. Then got stupider and sold it. Would have been a fantastic car to put back on the street.
I still have the fender tag from my old Dart - showing the R4 paint code - the race car had a completely removable front fenders and hood.
My current '69 Dart project is a direct result of my memories of my old Dart.
Keep us posted on your progress!

Sorry, gotta disagree with the "mid-year color". My first Mopar was a '69 Dart Swinger that I bought used in November 1969. It was only a couple of months off of the new car lot. The original owner was going into the Navy and his parents wouldn't keep up the payment for him.
Rani, you're right, it's a fantastic color. If it only had the black vinyl top it would look more "orange". And with only the white stripe, like mine was, it would look more "red".
Great find!
I still miss my old Dart. Unfortunately, I got stupid years ago and turned mine into a race car. Then got stupider and sold it. Would have been a fantastic car to put back on the street.
I still have the fender tag from my old Dart - showing the R4 paint code - the race car had a completely removable front fenders and hood.
My current '69 Dart project is a direct result of my memories of my old Dart.
Keep us posted on your progress!

Sorry, must be mistaken.

Was it Hemi Orange a mid year color then? Shared with 69 1/2 Super Bee's. Maybe I'm thinking of that color since the pictured faded R4 looks very orange as does the fender tag.

yea, it was hemi orange

1969%20Dodge%20PIB%2014.jpg

BTW F6 bright green metallic was also mid year-ish: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/PIBs/1969/1969 Dodge PIB 9.jpg

Great find! Mine is an original R4, prior owner painted V2.

GREAT score......looks like original white top was died black????

Thanks everyone. Well it will be a lot easier to put back on the road than the Camaro or 65 Porsche that's for sure and shouldn't take much hopefully. Someone at one time put a clutch and standard trans at one time still has clutch pedal. Next to crawl around under to check block to see if it matches vin.

Thx 383duster I'm From the San Antonio area but car came from Denton area. Here's the block stamps I could find any info would be appreciated. Thx Bryce
20340/10DC6DEC-EDA0-4A82-A6EB-D3BCBF02FDAE_zpsj1qs1pcb.jpg.html]
10DC6DEC-EDA0-4A82-A6EB-D3BCBF02FDAE_zpsj1qs1pcb.jpg
[/

-
Back