Just found y/all

-

Demonkiddo71

Ohio Demon owner
Reaction score
Hey folks,
New member here, just found a 1971 340 Demon that used to belong to my good friend Robbie in high school. He died when he was 21
in his built-to-the-hilt 1970 Duster. I have been looking for this car for 12-13 years (he never finished it before he died, it was basically a shell) I finally found it in some garage about five miles from his old house!! Over the years the parts vultures have taken all the good stuff (rallye dash, 8-3/4, front disc setup) but I still have a solid factory 340-4spd car to work with! and now the fun begins!!! I'll post pics soon, not that there is much left, but I can't wait to get it done and put Robbie's name on it in memory. I've been reading posts/threads for a few days, this seems like a really cool group of people!!:lurk:

Great. If I'm quick I get to be the first to welcome you.
Also great to have a great car with a special meaning. (sentimental attachment.)

Welcome aboard! This is THE site for all your A Body needs.

And then some.... :salute:

Welcome to the site.... The swinger I have now was also a friend of mine years ago and he passed away also. What a great way to keep your friends memory going on.

Good Luck.......

Welcome. Where ya from? Hope to see pics of your Demon up soon. Good luck with it.

It's good to know I'm not the only one doing very little on Christmas eve,
Thanks a lot for such a warm welcome, and look forward to "seeing" you all here in the future! There is a lot of work to do..........................

-but old mopars are worth every bit of the work they take!

Welcom, I'm fairly new myself. Come join is in the chat room. Great bunch of guys and gals to talk with. My project is a 68 Dart. Hope to be on the road this summer.

2nd welcome from Texas! A car with a meaning takes it a step above as well. Great car, that deserves attention. Careful, you'll get addicted to this website!

Hey folks,
New member here, just found a 1971 340 Demon that used to belong to my good friend Robbie in high school. He died when he was 21
in his built-to-the-hilt 1970 Duster. I have been looking for this car for 12-13 years (he never finished it before he died, it was basically a shell) I finally found it in some garage about five miles from his old house!! Over the years the parts vultures have taken all the good stuff (rallye dash, 8-3/4, front disc setup) but I still have a solid factory 340-4spd car to work with! and now the fun begins!!! I'll post pics soon, not that there is much left, but I can't wait to get it done and put Robbie's name on it in memory. I've been reading posts/threads for a few days, this seems like a really cool group of people!!:lurk:

Welcome from CT !! Cool project you are getting into, that's awesome... I had a friend die in a 70 Duster at about the same age, back when I got my 70 in the late 70's.. He also had a nice roadrunner that another friend picked up and finsihed fixing it up.. It's nice to see the memory live on... You'll be blown away at the people here with super knowledge...

Kenny

Welcome ! I'm new here too.
Less then a month.
A lot of knowledgeable people here.
If you have a question just ask someone will know the answer.
Good luck on your project! :thumbup:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Ah, another 71 Demon owner, makes my heart proud and Welcome to the fun.

Terry

P6020033 (Small).JPG

Welcome, sounds like Robbie would be proud knowing the car is in good hands with a good friend.
I can only imagine how you feel as I wish I could find my buddy Patrick's super bee we built in highschool together with his Dad.
Pat committed suicide over a breakup with a girlfriend way back in 1991 and his car was sold to an uncle who turned it into a drag car in Ohio, then it changed hands and disappeared after that.

I would love to find that car.

Welome!! I hope you jump on in and enjoy.
There's allot of great tec's here and some good folks too.
You are doing a great project for your self and for Robbie.
So keep us updated and let get started!!

welcome and good luck with the car you should be proud of yourself for honoring your friend like that im sure he is happy his car is getting put back together

welcome aboard!!! i didn't catch this thread til now. glad to see another demon saved as well as a friend being remembered. that's awesome. look forward to seeing the progress.

There is something cool about building a car with sentiment attached! My Dart was bought new by my step-mom’s grand parents. I get a smile on my face every time I start it...thinking of them driving it around the bay area back in the day.

-
Back