Just found you guys

-

SRTDOUG

Reaction score
I must say thank you for you guys and gals that created this place. I have been i love with Abodies for decades...

My father had a 1970 340 4spd Duster that he promised to give me when I was 16. Umm..that didn't happen. I ended up stationed in Hawaii and found a 340 Duster for sale, then sold it (cause it was not a REAL 4 speed car) but mainly because i didn't have the means to do the car justice...

ANYWAY...I will have another 340 Duster very soon....

I currently drive a 2006 SRT8 Magnum....and in my garages rests a 97 Camaro SS....if I sell that I have room for my beloved Duster that I must own and possess one day soon..

Anyway...I plan on lurking and reading and educating myself. You guys know your option codes and i love to see that.

Doug
ps. My wife drives a 07 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, lifted on 35's. Does that make us worthy? :cheers:

Welcome to FABO Doug! Just joining up here makes you worthy. ;) Feel free to lurk and/or ask any questions you may have. Who knows ... you may find your new Duster here.

Thanks guys. I am pretty sure this is THE place I will find my Duster. I had one like I said before when I was 21 and now that I am 43 well I deserve to finally get one again. I mean when i dream of any car to own its not a Hemi Cuda/Challenger, its not a 440+6 Superbee, its nots a Boss 429 Mustang or the Chevelle 454 SS or Yenko Camaros...its a 1970 340 4 speed Duster!

My fathers was Burnt orange, 4 speed the go wing spoiler, bench seat, rubber floors (he forgot to order carpeting), the rally dash with tach (I read on here that this dash was standard in 1970), the car had manual steering and I want to say manual disk brakes too...No a/c either...

to say I love this car is an understatement...and thanks for welcome!! I almost feel worthy!!!

Aloha! I wonder if that 340 Duster is still on island....there are a couple..but not many....

Aloha Mike

BTW GTX is right...you could end up finding your Duster on FABO maybe even your dads Duster here.....

Welcome to FABO. You're going to have fun here.
I was kinda the same way, except mine was a 340 '69 Dart.
I originally had a '69 340 Swinger years ago that I got stupid and cut up to make a race car out of it. Then got stupider and sold it some years ago.
Skip ahead about 15 years and I just got to the point where I had to have my Mopar back. Finally found a solid '69 Dart on eBay a couple of years ago with a new 380-horse 360 crate motor and a bunch of other good parts. The previous owner had tired of his project.
I hope to have it finished one of these days soon.
Keep looking - you'll find your prize.

wel_ani3Tay.gif

Welcome to FABO. Good luck with the search.You made the best move by coming here first.All the info and leads you could hope for.8)

wel_ani3Tay.gif

Aloha! I wonder if that 340 Duster is still on island....there are a couple..but not many....

Aloha Mike

BTW GTX is right...you could end up finding your Duster on FABO maybe even your dads Duster here.....

Sorry my friend i brought this Duster back to the mainland. The car was a regular at the strip though back in the mid 80s. I took ownership of it I think in 87 or 88. I sold it around 1992ish to a PA State Trooper. I have no idea where this particular Duster is....It was originally brown with A Vinyl top I think as well. But it was really an Auto car but was sold to me as an original 4 speed car. i did convert it back and thats when i found out it wasn't.

Ok, back to your regular schedule of oogling over A Bodies!!!

Welcome Doug, most anything anyone wants comes across these pages one time or another, just gotto have patience.

-
Back