just pulled a 8.75 from a 66 b

-

Roberson_Tech

Reaction score
For the blue 65 dart.
Also I am going to use the 273 I got with my 66 cuda in the dart.
I got the complete manual disk brake kit from Master Power with cross drilled and sloted roters (sp?)
I am doing a sub frame swap with bigger t-bars instead of convertion mounts.
Thinking of leaving the bench seat and I am paying a lot to get a trans that will bolt up to a LA and be cable shifted by my col. So it will all look stock.
I think I spent like 3 grand on it this week.... and all I have is a pile of parts and stuff that is not yet shipped.
Rear brakes I am thinking late 80s M body cop.

When I have all this out should I relocate my springs inboard? Is the kit still avail?

For the blue 65 dart.
Also I am going to use the 273 I got with my 66 cuda in the dart.

I am doing a sub frame swap with bigger t-bars instead of convertion mounts.

When you say "a sub frame swap" are you talking about the K member? Shouldn't the 273 bolt straight up to the Dart with the factory mounts? Both the /6 & the 273 used the same one in the 63 to 66 cars didn't they? Or are you talking about a real subframe swap? Sounds like a lot of extra work, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding something. :dontknow: It's certainly happend before. :tard:

:burnout:

Anybody checked out this kit. It's less expensive, you get bolts/sleeves and it looks pretty good.

http://www.thecarfarm.com/advantage.html#springkit

aenew02anb3.jpg

When you say "a sub frame swap" are you talking about the K member? Shouldn't the 273 bolt straight up to the Dart with the factory mounts? Both the /6 & the 273 used the same one in the 63 to 66 cars didn't they? Or are you talking about a real subframe swap? Sounds like a lot of extra work, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding something. :dontknow: It's certainly happend before. :tard:

:burnout:

Sorry for the quick post yes I ment K frame swap in my rush I was not clear and did not profe reed it....

So the K frames are the same? Sweet I did not want to go with conversion mounts as i am getting a donor car with the 273.. All the A bodys I built in the past have started as V8 cars the /6 was great but a 2 door post should have a V8...

The K frames are the same for the early a bodies. A 273 or 318 should bolt right in. A 340 or 360 requires some modification to the motor mount bracket that bolts to the block on one side, but I don't remember which.

-
Back