Just Suspension HP torsion bars DEAL....

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
Is 69 Barracuda & 69 Dart the same bar? I want a set but they don't list 67-8-9 Dart only Cuda.
Thanks Joe!

George

Thanks Joe.
I just did the same search and found them.
They're "on the way"!!
Thanks for bringing it to our attention or I never would have found them.
They always seem to sell for close to $300 after you include shipping etc.
Going in a 69 Dart 440 with 4 speed.

George

Yea that's a steal. I don't even have a use for them right now but I bought a set just because I couldn't pass them up at that price. They will just sit on a shelf for now till I need them.

A friend posted them on my site and I figured I would pass it on.

All A-bodies, from the first '60 Valiant to the last (Australian) '81 Valiant or (Brazilian) '81 Dart, use the same-size torsion bars.

What's everybody's thoughts on 1" bars for the street with a small block? Just right? Too much? I have 340 bars right now. What size would they be? I remember them being stiff but never thought they were overly so. Have to admit this is a good price & I'm very tempted.

I have the .920 (440 bars) on jamies dart and I feel it has a real nice ride. Her car is a small block car. With no sway bars it stays nice and flat in turns. The thing holding her car back is the 14" tires, they are real easy to out drive. Once we put some real rims and tires on it and bolt a set of sway bars on it should really be nice to drive. Djvcuda is running the just suspension 1" bars in his small block 66 Cuda and it feels great to me. I have driven and ridden in it numerous times and it really rides nice.

I forget what the 340 bars are. Mid to upper .800's maybe?

Well, I had the stock bars in my 64 V8 car. I think they were /6 bars, everything else seemed that way (9" brakes, dinky radiator, etc.). Swapped for bars from a 340 Demon. Lots stiffer but not bad at all. Should I worry about the fact that I'll have Edelbrock heads on the car? That shaves what, maybe 50 pounds? I'm going to be running 15" tires with sway bars, so I'll probably get a set of these.

Was just looking at the feedback for Just Suspension. Wonder why they make all of their sales private? No details of what they sold. Must be a front for a huge drug sales operation. :toothy10:

This is perfect timing. I was just searching all known vendors for new bars and here's what I found. I think I'll get a set through eBay.

$389.00 – PST - all sizes
$249.00 – Just Suspension 1.0”
$325.00 – Year One .92”
$315.00 – Summit .89”

Holy cow I almost missed this and I NEED these bad! Just ordered a set thanks very much Joe!

Original 340 bars are .870, 383 bars are .890. I have the .890's in my car right now.....temptation has set in......

I just bought a set from just suspension (1.0" bars) last month for $189 shipped...I, like abodyjoe, am very tempted to buy another set just to have...

Now if I could just find a good deal on XHD springs for the rear I might be able to get this little pig to handle...

Ok, I'm getting ready to rebuild my front end this spring on my 318 powered Barracuda with stock 318 torsion bars. Money is tight so I could afford one or the other, but not both. Am I better off taking advantage of this offer, or spending about the same amount for a Sway-Bar kit and sticking with the stock torsion bars? We aren't talking any track time for this car, but I do drive it pretty hard through the Colorodo mountains.

Ok, I'm getting ready to rebuild my front end this spring on my 318 powered Barracuda with stock 318 torsion bars. Money is tight so I could afford one or the other, but not both. Am I better off taking advantage of this offer, or spending about the same amount for a Sway-Bar kit and sticking with the stock torsion bars? We aren't talking any track time for this car, but I do drive it pretty hard through the Colorodo mountains.

My money would go for the t-bars. My friend put the 1" t bars in his a body and he drives it hard, and he isn't going to add the sway bar because it handles so good he doesn't need it. The sway bar may help a little but it isn't going to help tired torsion bars. Also, you can always add the sway bar later if you really think it still needs it, but if it handles well without it why add the extra weight? just my 2 cents...

What's everybody's thoughts on 1" bars for the street with a small block? Just right? Too much? I have 340 bars right now. What size would they be? I remember them being stiff but never thought they were overly so. Have to admit this is a good price & I'm very tempted.

Hmm for a big block Dart with lots of street time I'd use a 1" bar. Not for my mostly track and weekend terror toy.I'm converting to BB but for better weight transfer and traction at launch I'll go with my stock sb bars and adj drag shocks.

Anyone stopped to consider bigger may not be better. 1 inch diameter means very little if the quality isn't there. MP stopped making torsion bars a couple of years ago due to the rising cost of quality materials.
Maybe they are quality T bars. Maybe you'll need to crank up the adjust screw a couple turns per year. Time will tell. My fingers crossed for all of you.

They are just suspension bars , supposed to be made in the USA , not like ther are from some fly by night operations. Djvcuda has a set in his car and they seem to be a nice piece to me.

I think they will be fine. Myself,I dont need em but I would be comfortable using them on my Dart in a different format than what Im doing.

-
Back