Just Suspensions Torsion Bars Pictures

-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
I ordered these on 9/14 and they arrived 9/19.
They cost $ 191.00 + free shipping.
Shipped by Fedex with tracking numbers.
Looks like they are well made, They say USA on the ends.
Hope to get them on in the next couple months.
I can post more and better pics if someone needs them.

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 524
  • resized 3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 511
Same set I have in my '74 Duster. I've got a few hundred miles on them so far, not too shabby. They don't ride rough at all, I may in fact upgrade down the road to 1.03 or 1.06". But for all those folks out there that think 1" torsion bars will be super stiff, these aren't bad at all. The improvement in handling is pretty decent, although I'd still run them with aftermarket (larger) sway bars if you really want to handle well.

When you do the install just remember there's no left or right marked on the bars. The Just Suspension 1" bars are 0 offset, so they have the same part numbers marked on them because they're the same bar side to side. Once they're installed, however, they should forever remain on the side they were installed on.

They do settle in a little as well. I've had to make a few little adjustments to my ride height as they settled in, nothing major though.

were they indexed like factory, or are they off set?
did they change your ride height?
i don't think i can install these without dimpling my DS exhaust..

Those look like mine!

I just picked up two sets of them. They came in two days.

i have a set on the shelf all powder coated waiting to go into a car i don't even have yet..lol

Attachments

• 01 re.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 448
  • torsion bars 003 re.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 451
  • torsion bars 004 re.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 437
  • torsion bars 005 re.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 438
  • torsion bars 006 re.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 426
  • o.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 430
were they indexed like factory, or are they off set?
did they change your ride height?
i don't think i can install these without dimpling my DS exhaust..

These are zero offset bars, that's why there's no left/right to them until they've been installed. Factory bars are 30 degrees offset, which is why the left and right bars are different (and have different part numbers, and must be installed on the correct side).

Ride height is manageable with the adjusters, stock ride height would be no problem. My Duster is lowered from stock height, but there's still plenty of adjustment left to get it back up to stock height or even higher. My car is actually only a few full turns of the adjuster from being at the bottom of the adjustment, but, its also probably less than 2" from the frame to my low profile LCA bumpstops too. No bottoming issues yet though, gotta love nearly doubling the spring rate. :D

-
Back