K-Frame......Complete !

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
I got the k-frame back from the powdar coater today,and bolted it together.
All ready for the new motor.

One thing I am trying for the first time is Energy Suspension tie-rod and ball joint, poly dust boots,along with there trans mount. They seem to be of very good quality.

Heres a couple pics of my progress.

Mopar Or No Car !!!!!!!!

Thanks
JD

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 834
  • Picture 003.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 850
  • Picture 007.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 823
I got the k-frame back from the powdar coater today,and bolted it together.
All ready for the new motor.

One thing I am trying for the first time is Energy Suspension tie-rod and ball joint, poly dust boots,along with there trans mount. They seem to be of very good quality.

Heres a couple pics of my progress.

Mopar Or No Car !!!!!!!!

Thanks
JD

Looks great. the washers on the struts coming through the k-frame are on backwards......... :read2:

Sweet now thatsss what I like to see pulled all apart and finished the right way .Looks great nice job.Nothing worse than a hack.

yes, i know replacement bushings i bought at napa a while back had them pictured like he has them installed. no idea why though.

Looks slick Johnny. Should be easier to keep clean too!

Looks great. the washers on the struts coming through the k-frame are on backwards......... :read2:

Actually they are correct for a 65.....:read2:

Knew this was going to come up. Chrysler had them this way originally,and somewhere along the line switched them the other way.

Actually they are correct for a 65.....:read2:

Knew this was going to come up. Chrysler had them this way originally,and somewhere along the line switched them the other way.

either way your front suspension looks outstanding!

either way your front suspension looks outstanding!

Thank you sir.

And to everyone else,I thank you for the nice comments.

If anyone needs a part number list for the dust seals,let me know.

JD

Looks awesome JD!! But whats with the outside pics?? Green grass....mopars fillin the garage and the door open no less!! Jeez if I took pics of outside its 8" of snow and frozen dog turds!!

Looks awesome JD!! But whats with the outside pics?? Green grass....mopars fillin the garage and the door open no less!! Jeez if I took pics of outside its 8" of snow and frozen dog turds!!

Just another day in "Mopar Heaven" SoCal style. 8)

Don't put it in the car, you gotta hang it on the wall, its too pretty!!

Looks great! I put mine together on a table and it was nice to work standing up. Thought it was going to be heavy and hard to install but ended up being not to bad, did the install by myself with about a 2' long 2X6 under the steering drop and K member balanced on the floor jack.

Nice Johnny. Will see if I can get you the frame dolly and the lift bar next week. Maybe Monday if I don't have anything going on.

Also on the washers. The originals on my 66 were stamped as to which way they are supposed to face. "rubber side"

Looks great! What did you use to coat the lower control arms?

I think they realized the strut rod bushings would last longer when the washer is capturing the rubber rather than spreading it. Imagine rolling into a parking spot and bumping the forward stop daily. Makes sense to me. No more than some of these cars are driven today, a stale bagel would work LOL

Looks great! What did you use to coat the lower control arms?

Just some gold paint. It is suppose to replicate a spray they put over bare metal (Cosmoline).
Kind of the way I have been rolling with the last 2 cars I have built.8)

Nice Johnny. Will see if I can get you the frame dolly and the lift bar next week. Maybe Monday if I don't have anything going on.

Also on the washers. The originals on my 66 were stamped as to which way they are supposed to face. "rubber side"

Exactely on the stamping....Have some originals around here to.

Somewhere along the line,they also drilled a hole through the strut for a metal roll pin.

Suprised knowone noticed the aluminum struts. 8)

-
Back