K/H Brake hub question

-

38 Dodge

Reaction score
I am in the process of rebuilding a set of K/H Brakes. I have two different hubs no real issues as far as I'm concerned but when I ordered bearing and races. I removed the races from both hubs and when I installed the new races on the one hub everything fit correctly but on the other hub the small outer race when it is installed the race spins around and is loose. So I guess I need to ask if anyone knows if these hubs have different bearings and races, and or is the hub I have wore out? The hub in question has the following numbers marked on it 59155.
The larger races fit perfect with no issues.
Thanks for any and all help.

Compare the numbers on the races and their fit, new versus used.
When a bearing goes bad it can turn the races, Outer race rotates in the bore or inner race rotates on the spindle, or both.
When the race is only a tiny bit loose in the bore ( .005 or less, will rotate but not rock or wobble ) I'll scar the bore well with a punch, knock the race in a carry on.

Here is what I have done so far, I have compared the part number of the old and new races and they all match, I installed all four races the two new and the two old and all the races fit the same loose. I cannot remember what it was like when I removed it. the inside of the hub where the race sit has a lot of marks like someone took a punch to it once before.
So I guess I have a bad hub, anyone know where I can get just a hub?
Thanks

So I guess I have a bad hub, anyone know where I can get just a hub?

Your going to have to post a "wanted" ad here on this forum, and hope that someone has one of those, that's willing to sell it.
Hubs are pretty hard to come across, and buy, now a days.
Good luck in your search.

Thanks hemi71x I just posted an ad for one,
Redfish I sent you a PM.
Thanks again all

Here is what I ended up doing, I took the hub to a machinist buddy of mine and he honed it out and made a bushing for it. I have the race pressed in and everything is fitting nice and tight.
So I should be good to go.
Thanks for all the help

-
Back