k member and lower control arm?

-

73dartneedswork

Reaction score
What’s the difference between k members and lower control arms on 72 and earlier vs. 73 and up?
Thanks

Thanks, with that website I was able to see the difference between the k members.

I want to replace my lower control arms, and all the pictures I've seen of 72 and earlier control arms look the same as my 73. What am I missing? Is it the length of the pivot shaft?

Thanks, with that website I was able to see the difference between the k members.

I want to replace my lower control arms, and all the pictures I've seen of 72 and earlier control arms look the same as my 73. What am I missing? Is it the length of the pivot shaft?

The LCA basically stayed the same. The only thing that changed was that the 73-up style had course thread torsion bar adjustment bolts instead of fine thread. Dunno why this was changed though....Also, tabs for the sway bar (if so equipped) were located in the middle of the control arm...

But, you can use any LCA in any 67-76 suspension.

67-72 K-members have a biscuit type motor mount and the sway bar mount on the front edge of the K-member. The sway bar is wide style and attaches to the lower control arm near the ball joint hole.

73-76 K-members have a spool type motor mount andthe sway bar mount through the center on the K-member. The sway bar is the narrow style and attaches to the lower control arm near the center of the lower control arm

73-76 sway bar type lower control arm on the left. 66-72 sway bar lower control arm on the right....
LwrCntls.jpg

73-76 K-member...
Kmbrprep.jpg

-
Back