K member measurements

-

machoponcho

Reaction score
I have a 68 notch cuda that has been sitting in my back yard for a few years, and I am looking to start in on it soon. I was wondering if you guys can give me a few measurements on the suspension so I can see if I can fit the motor I want in it. I need measurements from the motor mounts to the steering linkage to the bottom of the k member. I would just yank the busted old 340 out of it and do it myself but I would rather keep it intact just so if my plan doesnt work out, I can just sell it. I was planning on doing a chevy ls swap in it for good power and decent mpg.

I have a 68 notch cuda that has been sitting in my back yard for a few years, and I am looking to start in on it soon. I was wondering if you guys can give me a few measurements on the suspension so I can see if I can fit the motor I want in it. I need measurements from the motor mounts to the steering linkage to the bottom of the k member. I would just yank the busted old 340 out of it and do it myself but I would rather keep it intact just so if my plan doesnt work out, I can just sell it. I was planning on doing a chevy ls swap in it for good power and decent mpg.

I see a thread going sideways real soon.... :happy1:

Has this never been done? I have done a couple of swaps in a vega and in a fox body I was wanting to do one in a mopar next.

Has this never been done? I have done a couple of swaps in a vega and in a fox body I was wanting to do one in a mopar next.

stick with your vegas and mustangs and get rid of the barracuda
im sorry you feel that a chebby engine belongs in everything

stick with your vegas and mustangs and get rid of the barracuda
im sorry you feel that a chebby engine belongs in everything

I dont think a chevy motor belongs in everything its just that I have a garage full of ls parts and it wont cost me anything in motor cost to build a very strong engine, while i priced out building a 340 and its waay to expensive to even come close to making the same power. so just to save me money i was just wanting some measurements to see if its even plausible.

I dont think a chevy motor belongs in everything its just that I have a garage full of ls parts and it wont cost me anything in motor cost to build a very strong engine, while i priced out building a 340 and its waay to expensive to even come close to making the same power. so just to save me money i was just wanting some measurements to see if its even plausible.

Post some pictures of the car.

Has someone already asked for the info? if so send the link over.

Yep may times they have. And they all end up like this. Chevy has no place in a mopar. And your comment about the 340? Really one of the baddest small blocks ever built. If you have a garage full of LS parts sell them all and build that 340.

if its too expensive for you , then you need to stick with your garage full of chevy parts , sell the barracuda to someone who will have a little more respect for it and give the resto it deserves instead of hacking it up for some lame ls motor.

chevy power in a mopar is ghey

Chevy is OK-just remember to put an 8.8 in it.I can get you a link for that!!!!

im not trying to be piss anyone off im just trying to save me a engine pull for some simple info if someone already has it?

Oh no You have to be shitting me right ? Post the car for sale and buy you some thing to put a chevy in ! . If you want to do some thing better then that put a slant 6 in a 340 car its better then a 350 ... Btw my DD has a 350 in it guess what .ITS a chevy .

im not trying to be piss anyone off im just trying to save me a engine pull for some simple info if someone already has it?

you going to have to pull it anyway ? right ?

there is no formula, this is a hit and miss hack and cut job.

chevyinamopar.com

Now that i said that there is a guy thats doing this cool guy too . But hes over sea cant get parts ez

-
Back