K member measurements

-
The torsion bars on the factory one makes it about impossible to add rack and pinion steering. The torsion bars are always in the way of everything.

hahaha ok got yah.. have you ever seen or heard of someone doing a k member out of a chevy or is it just a crazy idea?

:happy1:
arnt the 8 3/4 rear ends good

That just show how little you know about mopar that 8 3/4 is as strong
As any rear Chevy put in their cars, "really" just stick to
building Chevys it would be a terrible shame to put anything other than
A mopar power plant in a barracuda. What's wrong with that busted 340?
Have you ever took a ride in strong 340 a body mopar? Would be like installing
a 318 in 69 camaro. Do what you wish but you won't get much help here.

:happy1:

That just show how little you know about mopar that 8 3/4 is as strong
As any rear Chevy put in their cars, "really" just stick to
building Chevys it would be a terrible shame to put anything other than
A mopar power plant in a barracuda. What's wrong with that busted 340?
Have you ever took a ride in strong 340 a body mopar? Would be like installing
a 318 in 69 camaro. Do what you wish but you won't get much help here.

I have seen a 440 in a camaro i was very interested in it. it was a very clean swap and the car ran hard.. i have also seen a sbf in a camaro that ran 9s it was a motor he pulled out of his wrecked fox. i dont see what the big deal is i feel as long as it runs hard and you like it, it doesnt matter.

Look under your car and you will see there are no front springs. Then look at the lower control arms and you will see bars going back to the area where the tail of the transmission is. Those torsion bars cause a lot of misery in building these cars.

i knew it was torsion but i never acutally looked at it i didnt know it went across the whole front of the car... thanks for your help much appreciated.

i knew it was torsion but i never acutally looked at it i didnt know it went across the whole front of the car... thanks for your help much appreciated.

It goes from each lower control arm toward the center and would look like a V if you are laying under the car.

Just don't cut on the car. Cut the GM parts to fit the car.

I have a 68 notch cuda that has been sitting in my back yard for a few years, and I am looking to start in on it soon. I was wondering if you guys can give me a few measurements on the suspension so I can see if I can fit the motor I want in it. I need measurements from the motor mounts to the steering linkage to the bottom of the k member. I would just yank the busted old 340 out of it and do it myself but I would rather keep it intact just so if my plan doesnt work out, I can just sell it. I was planning on doing a chevy ls swap in it for good power and decent mpg.

i am only here to help sell the cuda and by yourself a gayass nova
with a rare 350 out of a vett 3/4 race cam double hump heads they are some of the fastest car in the trailor park

I have seen a 440 in a camaro i was very interested in it. it was a very clean swap and the car ran hard.. i have also seen a sbf in a camaro that ran 9s it was a motor he pulled out of his wrecked fox. i dont see what the big deal is i feel as long as it runs hard and you like it, it doesnt matter.

What a waste of a good 440:wack:

Not that I would personally do it or anything. But wouldn't the easiest way be to get a mustang ii front end and put it in the cuda. You can run coilovers, tubular control arms, and put whatever motor you want in it.

i am only here to help sell the cuda and by yourself a gayass nova
with a rare 350 out of a vett 3/4 race cam double hump heads they are some of the fastest car in the trailor park
You forgot the Black Jack headers and turning the air cleaner lid upside down, now this will be a bad *** ride...

-
Back